Howdy folks,

I'm posting my first concept of my next concept series! To those who have followed my NFL redesign, I'm down to five teams! Those will be completed very, very soon, but I want to get this next project up before first pitch tonight. This MLB redesign is going to be pretty progressive. I know a lot of people restrict themselves when doing major league concepts, so I'm going to let loose and get weird on these (to an extent). Drop some comments and ask if you want to see any changes to each concept--luckily JAYJACKSON'S wonderful template is very inkscape friendly, so doing tweaks is super quick! PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME FOR THE TEMPLATE.

Atlanta Braves

As a Braves fan, I'm a huge fan of the old Hank Aaron look, though the triple-stroke wordmark and numbers from that era really funked up the design. This uniform makes a huge jump in removing the two most iconic parts of the current identity, which are the 'A' and the tomahawk. The concept identity focuses on the feather logo, which I think is one of the more original and aesthetically pleasing elements in baseball uniform history. I used it on the cap, which gives off an indian head dress vibe. The home white and road grey are pretty similar, overall, to the current look. Notice the red bill returns for both solid-colored caps. Also, the blue is much lighter. The yoked-alternate is intended to be a Sunday alternate, while the blue shirt can be worn for home and road games.

Braves1_zps59b764a9.png

Braves2_zpsbc99f7f5.png

Really excited to see this series. I like the Braves concept, I don't think anyone can call the feather racist because the removal of the tomahawk is an even tradeoff. I like the yoked jersey as an alternate, but love the un-yoked(?) jersey as a primary. This is a great modernization of a set that I agree is better than their current set. I would have liked to see a cap with the "A" used with an alternate jersey but not too big of a deal.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

It's good, especially the Sunday alt. I much prefer the A on the cap, but this looks good as well. The only change I can suggest is to change the white sleeves. It's okay on the home alt, but with the blue jersey/grey pants it looks bad. I suggest making them blue. Great start to the series!

I didn't know jay made a pants down version. I'll have to get that.

spacer.png

As a Braves fan, I'm on the fence about this one, I am a huge fan of the Hank Aaron era uniforms but I think the A and tomahawk need to be incorporated. While the hat is unique, I don't see it as an upgrade, I think the A/tomahawk logo would look better or even just the A itself. Besides you have two feathers on the sleeves, a feather on the hat kind of makes it overkill IMO. I like the alternates a lot more than the home and road, they just seem a little too plain to me, maybe reintroducing the tomahawk would help.

I understand your reasoning behind removing the tomahawk, but I think you should just try to revamp the tomahawk logo so it can co-exist with the feather, that would put this concept over the top and make it a possible upgrade from the set they wear now.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I really like this set. While the tomahawk has been their look for awhile now, I kind of like the throwback feather look. I agree with bigmike on the hats though...I would put the A back on the blue hats (I think the feather works with the home alt).

Looking forward to seeing more!

Braves--Update 2.0

-I decided the shade of blue was giving off too much of a Cubs vibe, so I switched the primary look back closer to the current color scheme. The Sunday alternate numbers and script are now inverted to be blue with red strokes, and the bill of the cap is blue.

Braves1_zpse50e3f37.png

Braves2_zps499309cf.png

Archived