MLB Uniform Concepts

rroy0824

Cubs Update

Front numbers on the road and road alternate where changed to match the script. Piping was added to the sleeves of the home alternate and the NL patches on the blue jerseys (which I now realize I put on the wrong sleeve) have been changed to the primary and walking cub logos.

Cubs1_zps0af503e0.jpg

CubsUpdate2_zps9333b13c.jpg

Cubs3_zps72a247ba.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

I'm kind of lost about what I should do with the Cardinals road alternate. I kind of thought the red was going to work, but people didn't really like it. Anyone have any ideas for a road alternate other than scraping it?

Thanks guys!

I'm kind of lost about what I should do with the Cardinals road alternate. I kind of thought the red was going to work, but people didn't really like it. Anyone have any ideas for a road alternate other than scraping it?

Red STL on the chest with the Sunday home cap? (like the Giants)

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Thanks guys!

Red STL on the chest with the Sunday home cap? (like the Giants)

I think you mean another gray jersey, but I did make this one based off their old bp jerseys. Any thoughts on that?

RvRyBBF.jpg

Time for the NL East

Miami Marlins

The Marlins current uniforms are a mess. All of the colors make the uniforms and logos look bad. In my opinion, teal and black were good colors for them and it fits their history. I simplified the logos by only using teal, black, and a sliver outline (which is really hard to see on that background, sorry). I based the uniforms around their old road uniforms, but I went with two stripes instead of three. The Marlins script was also placed on the home jersey. I know some may say that there is too much black, but I think it is a nice balance. The black hat can go with the black jersey too. I just used the teal as a way to see another look. This is kind of what I thought the Marlins were going to do when they moved. Instead of a complete overhaul, it is more of an update of their previous set.

Marlins1_zpseb022033.jpg

Marlins2_zpsb6ae7ccf.jpg

Marlins3_zps738cea78.jpg

I love the jersey sets, but the logo could use a little more definition. Maybe a black outline around the M? It could just be that the background is throwing it off but I thought that might help.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I think that the Marlins "M" needs to be removed the from wordmark. The thick upper outline on that M makes it look out of place. I've mocked up these to illustrate what they would look like if you pulled out that highlight. You'll notice that I've also added teal undershirts to the jerseys that used teal caps, and pulled white out as the main wordmark color. The Marlins third color should be silver, not white.

MarlinsTeal_zpse5497b77.jpg

Use the black hat with the black alt jersey. The teal hat looks really bad.

Marlins look really sharp in teal in black. The script on the black jersey looks a bit odd though. Try a double outline: teal outlined in black, outlined in white.

Teal hats for both the homes, and black hats for both the roads, and you've got a winner.

These are things that can be changed pretty easily. I should have an update up by tomorrow. Thanks!

I think that the Marlins "M" needs to be removed the from wordmark. The thick upper outline on that M makes it look out of place. I've mocked up these to illustrate what they would look like if you pulled out that highlight. You'll notice that I've also added teal undershirts to the jerseys that used teal caps, and pulled white out as the main wordmark color. The Marlins third color should be silver, not white.

MarlinsTeal_zpse5497b77.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. The thick outline came from when I recolored the wordmarks. I didn't want to change the logo too much and thats why it stayed. I don't think it looks bad, but it does look good your way too. I never liked the teal socks and I don't really know why. It seems like a lot of people like them, but they never looked right to me.

So instead of a Marlins update, I'm going to post the Mets

New York Mets

Not much to say. The Mets pretty much made their uniforms perfect when they got rid of the black. I changed the pinstripe uniform back to white instead of cream. Rather than have two blue jerseys, I kept the solid whites as a home alternate. The road alternate is where I changed it up a bit. I really don't like their current road alternates. I get why they did it, but the gray wordmark looks bad. So, it was changed to orange and white like the other blue jersey. The orange bill hat was kept, but the white outline that people seem to hate was removed.

Mets1_zps1c9dbc5f.jpg

Mets2_zps4430a1aa.jpg

Mets3_zps86c5343e.jpg

Archived