MLB Uniform Concepts

rroy0824

Rockies Update

Wordmark on the road was changed to all purple with a white outline. It may look different then the rest, but it was the only way to make it look good and readable. Everything else was unchanged.

RockiesUpdate1_zps9a0f655c.jpg

RockiesUpdate2_zpsba9cf5f5.jpg

RockiesUpdate3_zpsc9d1f6a6.jpg

DAMN this makes the Rockies look good. You've fixed literally everything I've disliked about the current uniforms:

1. Got rid of all the unnecessary black
  2. Switched to the purple hat (can you believe the purple hat's been worn only about 5 times in the last 10 years?)
  3. Added some piping to the purple jersey
  4. Got rid of the white pinstripes
  5. Switched to purple undershirt.

Absolutely fantastic job. 10/10.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice!

Rockies Update

Wordmark on the road was changed to all purple with a white outline. It may look different then the rest, but it was the only way to make it look good and readable. Everything else was unchanged.

RockiesUpdate1_zps9a0f655c.jpg

RockiesUpdate2_zpsba9cf5f5.jpg

RockiesUpdate3_zpsc9d1f6a6.jpg

DAMN this makes the Rockies look good. You've fixed literally everything I've disliked about the current uniforms:

1. Got rid of all the unnecessary black
  2. Switched to the purple hat (can you believe the purple hat's been worn only about 5 times in the last 10 years?)
  3. Added some piping to the purple jersey
  4. Got rid of the white pinstripes
  5. Switched to purple undershirt.

Absolutely fantastic job. 10/10.

Thanks guys!

Sorry guys, but another without much change. This division just looks pretty good.

Philadelphia Phillies

The home, road, and alternate jerseys are pretty much perfect for the Phillies. There is not much to change about those three. With the home alternate using a blue hat and the Phillies not using much blue elsewhere, I wanted to work some blue into the road alternate. I went with blue script, blue number, and blue piping. I think people will say the script should be white, but I took a chance.

Phillies1_zpse619e99c.jpg

Phillies2_zps6507ea98.jpg

Phillies3_zps47405dce.jpg

For the road alternate, I would go with the grey jersey with the blue wordmark and cap. I know you've got something against grey alternates... bit I think it would look sharp. Actually, I would go with a blue "Philadelphia" wordmark, but that seems to be generally disagreeable.

I think people will say the script should be white, but I took a chance.

The script should be white B)

Although the blue doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, I just don't see it as anything more than a BP uni. This is all moot though since the Phillies should be wearing maroon.

Mets concept looks very sharp. Not the changes I would make but I could see management making similar changes a couple years from now.

If you're trying to work more blue into the phillies set, how about blue belt and socks for the alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Time for the NL East

Miami Marlins

The Marlins current uniforms are a mess. All of the colors make the uniforms and logos look bad. In my opinion, teal and black were good colors for them and it fits their history. I simplified the logos by only using teal, black, and a sliver outline (which is really hard to see on that background, sorry). I based the uniforms around their old road uniforms, but I went with two stripes instead of three. The Marlins script was also placed on the home jersey. I know some may say that there is too much black, but I think it is a nice balance. The black hat can go with the black jersey too. I just used the teal as a way to see another look. This is kind of what I thought the Marlins were going to do when they moved. Instead of a complete overhaul, it is more of an update of their previous set.

Marlins1_zpseb022033.jpg

Marlins2_zpsb6ae7ccf.jpg

Marlins3_zps738cea78.jpg

Looks good, but do feel that this set can look good with some front numbers on it. Try solid black numerals for the white and grey jerseys, black with a white outline on the teal, and teal with a white outline on the black jersey

Atlanta Braves

The Braves have a great look, but they can use a few changes. The home is perfect and I left that alone. I changed the road hat to a hat with a red A like the batting practice hat. I just really like that hat and think it looks good with the road uniform. The red jersey was kept instead of the cream alternate. The red jersey is just a good look in my opinion. I fid replace the tomahawk A hat with the normal home hat. The blue jersey is where I made the most changes. I changed the script to red and added piping.

Braves1_zps7a64690c.jpg

Braves2_zps018f9a64.jpg

Braves3_zpse5912952.jpg

I'd say the Braves look fantastic, just have the regular cap on the grey.

When you say regular do you mean the solid blue hat they have now or the red billed hat?

The red A hat was going to just go with the road alternate, with the red billed hat on the road, but I changed it because I thought it fit. It's something I could go either way with, but I do like it more than the solid blue hat.

Two quick updates tonight.

Miami Marlins Update

Made it so you can see the logos and changed the hats on the home and road alternate.

MarlinsUpdate1_zpse8e1c367.jpg

Marlins2_zpsb6ae7ccf.jpg

Marlins3Update_zps5a808200.jpg

This is fantastic. The Marlins looked phenomenal in teal and black, and never should have changed. They look hideous now. I loved their old logo, but if they must keep their current logo that looks like it belongs on the sign of a retirement home in Fort Lauderdale, at least make it teal.

sig.png

Your design for the Braves' blue alt seems to so obviously be the best design choice, it baffles me year after year they don't make this change.

One day, KevinMets, one day.

I actually think they could go with a home/road shirt that is modeled more like their BP jersey, but without side panels and maybe some additional piping on the sleeves.

Braves-Spring-Training-300x221.jpg

Archived