MLB Uniform Concepts

rroy0824

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should make the home cream, to match the current alternate

Personally, I think the Giants are the only team who need a cream primary, but if others feel this way then it is something I would consider.

My beef with the Twins is that the road uniform is derivative of the alt and not the primary. The current road uniform looks better with the primary home.

Throw in your blue alt and the home primary is the "odd jersey out".

Overall I am not fond of the 80s-looking r/w/b stripes. I'd drop those. And if the Twins are going to overdo a throwback (which they are doing), then I prefer the throwback they are overdoing now.

Yeah, I was worried about the home jersey fitting in. That is something I'll work on. As for the throwback, I just don't know if there is a need to have two pinstripe jerseys in the set.

I think that the Tribe needs at least one of those hats to include Chief Wahoo.

It's tricky because some people will say that and others say keep it off the hat. Even though they say otherwise, I fully believe that the reason they are putting that C on the hats is to slowly work out Wahoo. I just went with what I believe they are eventually going to do.

Kansas City Royals

The Royals are a team I wanted to do something a little different with. The first thing I did was match the piping on all the jerseys to the single piping of the home jersey. The home alternate is something I thought the Royals should have done for a long time. Powder blue pants return to complete the throwback look. I figure if anyone should do it, it is the Royals. I know it was a road jersey, but I think the best way to bring it back is as a home uniform. Road script was placed on the blue alternate with the return of the gray cap that I think worked for them. I like it, but it is something I would consider changing if someone has a better idea. I didn't think a powder blue hat worked so I went with gray.

Royals1_zps358c8967.jpg

Royals2_zpsec9c33ad.jpg

Royals3_zpsb5d955fe.jpg

Very nice. I would drop the grey-crowned cap, though. The regular blue cap would work just fine with the blue alt. Everything else looks superb.

I don't disagree, but one of my rules is that every team has to have two hats. I didn't think a powder blue hat worked anywhere so that's why the gray is there. I'm open to other ideas. The hats would be mix and match anyway. I just showed the gray with the blue.

Very nice. I would drop the grey-crowned cap, though. The regular blue cap would work just fine with the blue alt. Everything else looks superb.

I don't disagree, but one of my rules is that every team has to have two hats. I didn't think a powder blue hat worked anywhere so that's why the gray is there. I'm open to other ideas. The hats would be mix and match anyway. I just showed the gray with the blue.

If you want the grey cap to work then make all of the white on the jersey grey. Still, if a team looks best with only one cap, there's no need for another.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Changes are coming, but I wanted to get the White Sox up today.

Chicago White Sox

The White Sox set is pretty good when worn right. The problem is the black jersey is worn a lot. The home jersey is great and no changes are needed. The road uniform and script are great. I don’t know why Chicago wears the black as often as they do. The only thing I changed was the sleeve patch back to the diamond logo. The home alternate marks the return of the vest, which I think should have never left. The road alternate uses the really nice Chicago script and has a gray billed hat that, regardless of my rule, I've thought the White Sox should use. I figure if they are going to wear black, at least that script is used more.

WhiteSox1_zpse5b11f62.jpg

WhiteSox2_zpsd14ff2b6.jpg

WhiteSox3_zps4e7c80aa.jpg

I don't have a problem with black being worn a lot. It's a unique look for the White Sox.

I've just looked through your concepts and, with the exception of the Padres, I like them all. The yellow-brown colour scheme for San Diego has just never appealed to me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

I don't have a problem with black being worn a lot. It's a unique look for the White Sox.

I've just looked through your concepts and, with the exception of the Padres, I like them all. The yellow-brown colour scheme for San Diego has just never appealed to me.

I don’t know if a black alternate is all that unique. Their black uniform isn't a bad look, but in my opinion, the gray uniform is a better one and should be worn more then it is. Thanks though! I know not everyone likes that color scheme and that’s okay. It’s defiantly different.

Detroit Tigers

I believe that the Tigers should never have an alternate jersey, but this is a concept so why not. The home jersey is perfect doesn’t need any changes. To simplify the road a little bit I removed the white outline. The home alternate is what I believe would be what the Tigers would use if they ever decided to have an alternate. I went with two blue alternates because they’re pretty different. An orange alternate could be made if people prefer it.

Tigers1_zpsf3991cf1.jpg

Tigers2_zps956507d7.jpg

Tigers3_zps73d9a1ce.jpg

I'd like to request an orange jersey, if you don't mind. By the way, do they really use two different D's between the jersey and the hat? It doesn't make sense to me why a team would do that but for some reason, looking at your concept, it works.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

BEAUTIFUL. The differences in the alts remind me of how their home and away BP jerseys differ in real life.

Thanks! The way the two batting practice jerseys differ was kind of what I was going for. I would have normally made a throwback for a traditional team, but the Tigers really haven’t changed and that didn’t give me much to work with.

I'd like to request an orange jersey, if you don't mind. By the way, do they really use two different D's between the jersey and the hat? It doesn't make sense to me why a team would do that but for some reason, looking at your concept, it works.

Yeah, the Tigers use two different D’s on their uniform. I could be wrong, but I believe it was because of the team using different hat and jersey manufactures back in the day. This article shows the different D’s all over the stadium. It’s just kind of one of those things.

With the Dodgers Alternative Home Uniforms I think its great that you used the throwback Brooklyn style but the pants where also baby blue and not white. Also think about adding white Sleeves, White Belt, and White Sox to the Mix. The reality was that the Sox, undershirt, and belt that they used was Dodger Blue.

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

Archived