MLB Uniform Concepts

rroy0824

Last team for the National League!

Washington Nationals

The Nationals don't have a bad look, but I feel that it could be much better. I think it starts with putting their Nationals script on the home jersey. The main site has it listed as a current logo so it fit the guidelines. The road is fine and I left that alone. I thought about blue socks, but decided the red looked fine. I don't like how the numbers are lower than the logo on the real red jersey. I fixed that up and kept the rest the same. I switched the blue jersey to a normal DC without the flag in it and did the same thing with the numbers.

Nationals1_zpsc8d011d4.jpg

Nationals2_zps4ad8ec25.jpg

Nationals3_zpsd286a088.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come to really like the Nats off kilter W jerseys. Having the numbers align with the W just looks so plain to me now.

I don't know, it just never looked right to me. I've always preferred the numbers to be even.

Time for the American Leauge!

Seattle Mariners

The Mariners look right now is pretty perfect for a team from Seattle. In my opinion, navy and teal/Northwest green is a better look than the blue and gold. All I did was a few simple changes. I made the teal billed hat for both home uniforms. Also, I changed the navy alternate to say "Seattle" and added piping to match the rest of the uniforms.

Mariners1_zps9ada02a4.jpg

Mariners2_zps1b81572a.jpg

Mariners3_zpseea49a44.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well sorry for the delay, but I'm back!

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

The Angels need to go back to blue hats and socks. I know a lot of teams use navy or whatever, but I really like the old California Angels uniform from Angels in the Outfield. I based the uniforms around those with the current piping. I took the sleeve patches off because they currently have that A in too many places. The first blue alternate is based off this, which I think was a great look.

Angels1_zps9849f711.jpg

Angels2_zpse4444103.jpg

Angels3_zps6b046dd0.jpg

San Diego Padres

Next up is the Padres. I decided to go back to brown and gold. It may be the easy thing to do, but I think it's what they need. I don't think the current set is as bad as most people say, but when you've worn things like this and this, you can afford to be different then everyone else. I realize it is not the 70's anymore and things like that would not work today. I found my inspiration for this concept in what they wore in 1974. It is traditional enough, while still being able to work today. The stripes on the sleeves are a bit thinker to mimic the originals. A gold bill hat for home games and an all brown replaces the "Taco Bell" hat. I felt that it made the set fit more in today's game. Friar now on all uniforms.

Padres1_zps6d4c8004.jpg

Padres2_zps5feb7666.jpg

Padres3_zpsd8dec4fd.jpg

I'm starting to like those better than the boring ones they have.

Love the Angels with the blue jersey, but it pretty much eliminates red entirely while it's the main color on the logo. Maybe make a dark blue A logo with a red outline. I'm sorry if I'm sounding nit-picky, but I'm just giving my c+c

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Well sorry for the delay, but I'm back!

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

The Angels need to go back to blue hats and socks. I know a lot of teams use navy or whatever, but I really like the old California Angels uniform from Angels in the Outfield. I based the uniforms around those with the current piping. I took the sleeve patches off because they currently have that A in too many places. The first blue alternate is based off this, which I think was a great look.

Angels1_zps9849f711.jpg

Angels2_zpse4444103.jpg

Angels3_zps6b046dd0.jpg

I have liked quite a few of your concepts, but this is not one of them. The elimination of red just leaves me completely baffled. The caps and the road alt look great, but you should really just redo the home alt to make it red. The white color also looks very out of place on that uni. Also, I suggest making the primary cap red with a navy bill, and use the red bill design you made just on the road alt. Just my two cents.

I have no witty signature, sorry.

Love the Angels with the blue jersey, but it pretty much eliminates red entirely while it's the main color on the logo. Maybe make a dark blue A logo with a red outline. I'm sorry if I'm sounding nit-picky, but I'm just giving my c+c

I don't think it sounds nit-picky. I did try that before and it just didn't look right to me. I think it was because even when the Angels were wearing blue, the A or CA was always red on the hat and the primary logo.

I have liked quite a few of your concepts, but this is not one of them. The elimination of red just leaves me completely baffled. The caps and the road alt look great, but you should really just redo the home alt to make it red. The white color also looks very out of place on that uni. Also, I suggest making the primary cap red with a navy bill, and use the red bill design you made just on the road alt. Just my two cents.

I tried to work a red alternate in because I knew some people would want it to stay. The problem was I wasn't sure if it really fit with the rest of the blue dominated set. It kind of reminded me of how out of place the Rangers red alternate looks to me. As for the red hat, I don't know. I've always liked the Angels with blue hats and socks and really wanted to make it work. If people prefer the red then I guess I'll fix it.

I also just noticed that I skipped the Astros. My bad, I guess I'm just not used to the division change yet.

Houston Astros

I personally don't think the Astros new look is all that bad. While they are not the most exciting uniforms, they still look good. I think they just need a few small changes. First, I removed the numbers from the front of the jersey. To me, they just don't look right and they clutter up the jersey. The second thing I did was change the piping on the home uniform from orange to blue. The orange piping seams out of place to me. I got rid of the solid blue hat because I think the Orange billed one is a better hat and it adds some orange that the home and road jerseys are missing. The orange hat stays for history reasons and can be worn with the home or whatever. I also added a blue alternate that I'm surprised they don't have.

Astros1_zps28ab218f.jpg

Astros2_zpsab4d4611.jpg

Astros3_zps01403e64.jpg

Nationals: the two homes look great, but the road and road alt need some color changes. For the road, make the belt blue to tie it together. For the alt, make the undershirt red, and make the socks red as well. That way it's not a "blue out," and you won't need an extra pair of road pants.

Mariners: maybe put sleeve piping on there, but this looks great.

Angels: I can't say that there's a single thing I like about this one. The lack of red doesn't look good at all.

Astros: drop the orange cap and this is perfection.

spacer.png

My thoughts on LA and Houston-

I, like a few others, am not a fan of the removal of the red from the Angels. The red has been a part of their winning identity, and with so much navy they look basically like every other navy-red team in the league and you have actually made them less distinctive. One navy alternate isn't a bad idea but two is overkill. Also, bring back the red cap, one of the classiest in the league IMO.

Houston is great. I, unlike many others, loved their new set when it was released and your little tweaks have really improved it. Oh by the way, keep the orange cap.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I like the Angels with the blue, mostly because it reminds me of Jim Abbott, the California Angels, and Angels in the Outfield. Definitely was my favorite Angels set, but that is probably an unpopular opinion.

I like the Angels with the blue, mostly because it reminds me of Jim Abbott, the California Angels, and Angels in the Outfield. Definitely was my favorite Angels set, but that is probably an unpopular opinion.

I guess it is an unpopular opinion. I really like that Angels in the Outfield set too.

I guess it is an unpopular opinion. I really like that Angels in the Outfield set too.

Maybe just change the undershirt and socks, and add red piping, keep the California look, but also add some red.

Angels update to come soon, but here is the Rangers.

Texas Rangers

I mentioned before that I think the Rangers red uniform feels out of place. I do think red can work for the Rangers, but I think more red has to be added in other areas so that the red jersey fits more. The start is the red billed hats at home, based on the spring training hat. The drop shadow is dropped on every uniform and the outline on the numbers was changed from a double to a single outline. The Rangers script returns on both home jerseys with the same two striped piping on all of the uniforms. Also, I dropped the bevel from the script of the blue and red jerseys and I made the belts blue.

Rangers1_zpse7a7d256.jpg

Rangers2_zps246ffb40.jpg

Rangers3_zpsbac577e2.jpg

Archived