MLB Uniform Concepts

rroy0824

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oakland Athletics

The A's are another one of those teams that don't need many changes. I left the home and road alone because they are among my favorites in the league. The green is great too and all I did was make that the road alternate by switching to the "Oakland" script. The gold uniform is where I made the most changes. I held off posting this for a while because I wasn't sure if I wanted to change a uniform that most people love. To me, the gold uniform looks great by itself, but it kind of doesn't look like it belongs with the rest of the set. It has double piping on the front and sleeves, while the rest of the set has no piping at all. In an attempt to make it fit more, I changed the piping to a smaller piping on just the collar and sleeves. It's kind of based off these.

Athletics1_zps87c485d5.jpg

Athletics2_zps88b1548b.jpg

Athletics3_zpsa819b2bb.jpg

• Astros - Remove the orange cap and replace with an all blue version of the home.
  • Mariners - Good job on that one. Making the navy alt say "Seattle" makes sense since its a road jersey.
  • Angels (updated) - Making red the primary color (again) makes the uniform look a lot better.
  • Rangers - Great job with the home primary and alt. I've been waiting since 2011 for the word "Rangers" to appear on one of their uniforms. :notworthy:
  • Athletics - Perfection.

Can't wait for the AL Central.

2zdohky.jpg

Brewers look fantastic. Dark navy and bright gold really compliment each other well. Its not drab and lifeless like navy and vegas gold nor garish like royal and yellow.

I'd love to see those Brewes concepts using royal/yellow. I don't think it looks garish at all...maybe incorporate a little powder blue as well. I'm pretty sure if the fans around here had any say, those colors would be back on a full time basis.

AL Central time!

Minnesota Twins

The Twins throwback uniform looks nice, but they already have a pinstripe jersey. With this in mind, I decided to go with another throwback as an alternate. I remembered a different throwback that I really liked and decided to base the whole set around that. I changed the road script to red, which I think brightens up the jersey a bit. The red billed hat and the M hat are gone, but I don't think they are really needed. I've always been a fan of that red hat and wanted it to be part of this set.

Twins1_zps4f5006a8.jpg

Twins2_zps8aea4496.jpg

Twins3_zpse79df1ef.jpg

Okay, bandwidth reset and I should be good now.

Cleveland Indians

This one is pretty self-explanatory. I basically took the road jersey and ran with it. I pretty much expect Cleveland to have a set like this within the next few years. Wahoo stays because, as racist as it may be, I don't see it going anywhere. A red alternate was added for home games.

Indians1_zpsebcef537.jpg

Indians2_zps91abf564.jpg

Indians3_zpsfb8259fc.jpg

My beef with the Twins is that the road uniform is derivative of the alt and not the primary. The current road uniform looks better with the primary home.

Throw in your blue alt and the home primary is the "odd jersey out".

Overall I am not fond of the 80s-looking r/w/b stripes. I'd drop those. And if the Twins are going to overdo a throwback (which they are doing), then I prefer the throwback they are overdoing now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived