MLB Uniform Concepts

rroy0824

I very much like the Pittsburgh set, especially the elimination of the needless red. The alternates are really good too, although I would have liked to have seen a yellow home alt instead of another white jersey, which is rather redundant. Not much to say about the Cubbies, but I do love the red-billed hat. Sorry you're not getting more feedback, this is a great series here.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very much like the Pittsburgh set, especially the elimination of the needless red. The alternates are really good too, although I would have liked to have seen a yellow home alt instead of another white jersey, which is rather redundant. Not much to say about the Cubbies, but I do love the red-billed hat. Sorry you're not getting more feedback, this is a great series here.

Thanks! The yellow jersey is something I considered and something that could be put in.

I will say that up to these last few I was getting good feedback, which was nice. Hopefully it gets back on track, but thanks!

Excellent work.

If I were to leverage a criticism, it would be that the jersey sets all seem to follow the same (or similar) formula. Two caps: a solid cap and the same cap in two-tone. The Alternates mostly are colored versions of road jerseys. I don't think that team should be necessarily forced to wear two alternates, and certainly not every team needs two color alternates (grey/white/cream is acceptable for a number of teams).

Anyhow, it has a very NFL feel to it, since it follows a very similar pattern.

Padres: Absolutely my favorite set. The only thing is that the squachee on the brown cap should be brown.

Rockies: I'm not in love with silver as the second color for the Rockies. I just think that black really helps contrast the purple. The jerseys are too purple, especially the purple alternates with pruple underhirts and caps. Maybe replace one of the alts with a pinstripe vest jersey.

Diamondbacks: Not one jersey that references the name "Diamondbacks"? I also don't think more than one jersey should be the cap logo on the right breast.

Dodgers: I don't think that the Dodgers need a second cap.

Giants: One of the few black alts that I like. Definately my second favorite set.

Cubs: Considering that the Cubs already have blue BP jerseys, I think that two blue alternates is a touch of overkill. The mismatched numbers on the same jersey looks wrong to me.

Pirates: Very nice!

I wish I could give you some constructive criticism, but these are all outstanding. Very crisp, clean.

My faves=

Padres. I've long said that color combo works best, and would be extremely unique. Opposite of what they are now.

Pirates. The elimination of red does so much.

A+ on all. Can't wait to see what you have in store for my Tigers. I think a navy alternate would be nice if done properly, which will probably be the case with you.

sig.png

Thanks everyone! The Brewers should be up in a bit.

Excellent work.

If I were to leverage a criticism, it would be that the jersey sets all seem to follow the same (or similar) formula. Two caps: a solid cap and the same cap in two-tone. The Alternates mostly are colored versions of road jerseys. I don't think that team should be necessarily forced to wear two alternates, and certainly not every team needs two color alternates (grey/white/cream is acceptable for a number of teams).

Anyhow, it has a very NFL feel to it, since it follows a very similar pattern.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. The hat issue was something I tried to avoid, but with some teams it had to be like that. I know the rules do give it a NFL feel, but it is just how I wanted to do this series.

Diamondbacks: Not one jersey that references the name "Diamondbacks"? I also don't think more than one jersey should be the cap logo on the right breast.

Personally, I feel the Diamondbacks script is just too long and just doesn't work on the jersey. The D-Backs script just isn't good and thats why I went with the A.

A+ on all. Can't wait to see what you have in store for my Tigers. I think a navy alternate would be nice if done properly, which will probably be the case with you.

Thanks! The Tigers are my team too so I made sure to make them look good.

These are all fantastic. The only thing I don't like is the Pirates' sleeveless jersey. The sleeveless look to me is very dated, and associated with an awful period in Pirates history. Otherwise great job. All very classy, and you fixed major problems for the Diamondbacks (wordmark), Rockies & Padres (color schemes).

Milwaukee Brewers

The easy thing to do here would have been to replace the logo with the ball in glove and call it a day. I wanted to do that because its one of my favorite logos, but I think that their current logos are actually pretty perfect for a team named the Brewers. They just give off that beer and brewery feel. I just think that the gold they use now makes the uniform a little dull. I changed it to more of the gold they used to use to brighten it up a bit, while still keeping the navy. Everything else stays the same and a new hat is added that is based on this one.

Brewers1_zps50e90b46.jpg

Brewers2_zps7b12e103.jpg

Brewers3_zps3cbabd87.jpg

These are all fantastic. The only thing I don't like is the Pirates' sleeveless jersey. The sleeveless look to me is very dated, and associated with an awful period in Pirates history.

I have to disagree. I think certain teams look good in vest. The team was bad when the Pirates brought them back a few years ago, but they did win a World Series in vest. I also associate Roberto Clemente, one of, if not the best, Pirates of all time with the vest uniform.

Make the M blue on the alt cap. It'll match the script that way. On the blue alt, I'm not a fan of how the white numbers and script look against the grey pants. I'd switch them to yellow. Overall great work again.

Edit: then again, the scripts wouldn't match the hat...

spacer.png

Wowsers... that yellow alt is TOO yellow.

I understand going with the historical significance of the yellow panel cap... but maybe it would look better contrasting the road or blue alt jerseys. Also: Thank you for not using a throwback as an alternate. That's one of my jersey peeves.

Personally, I feel the Diamondbacks script is just too long and just doesn't work on the jersey. The D-Backs script just isn't good and thats why I went with the A.

I think it looks fine, but I also like this concept, too... so maybe I'm just a wierdo.

St. Louis Cardinals

This is one that I don't know how people will feel about. The home uniform stays the same. In a move that a lot do, the St. Louis script is placed on the road. The road hat stays red. I've seen mix feelings about it and it's something I could have gone either way with. With the St. Louis script on the road, the Cardinal one can now be place on the cream uniform. A new blue and red bill hat is introduced, making the cream jersey a truer throwback to this. Red road alternate also uses the new blue and red hat.

Cardinals1_zpsefcc4993.jpg

Cardinals2_zpse06e680f.jpg

Cardinals3_zps9d43939d.jpg

The first three sets are good, but the alt just looks bad. It doesn't fit at all.

I agree the red alt doesn't fit with the rest.

However, I do love the fact you're using the St. Louis script.

Interesting. I kind of made that with the batting practice jersey in mind. It looks like I'll have to think of something else.

Also, the cream jersey is very old-school... I do not think the blue hat fits there.

I don't know. It's based off the unifoms from 1951, so I think it kind of fits the old school uniform. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think you may want to try a blue belt with the cream alt and I do not dislike the red jersey in concept but I hope I never see the Cardinals wear one on the field. Like the concept though very much, but I do wish there was a blue road hat.

Archived