Sabre Cats concept

GameCock82

I like it. I don't see a huge difference between the three, but if I had to pick, I'd say I prefer the first one.

There isn't a lot of contrast between the main colour and the highlight colour. If you lightened one or darkened the other, the highlights might show up better.

Yeah I'd vote for the first one as well. I like the all-white fangs vs. the red gradient and I would keep the funky neck pattern over number 3. Another personal preference - I'd bring the wordmark out from under the mouth, maybe just by placing it below the logo entirely. That aside, this is very nice indeed.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

A solid effort GameCock!

- I'd go with all white fangs and no neck at all. I find the neck unnecessary, and I don't know if there's a way to do it 'right'... if it's straight cut, it looks boring, and almost as if the head is a mounted hunter's trophy... if it's crinkle cut, it gets too busy and takes away from the face.

- Also, the highlight above the eyes looks like clown makeup... maybe try something different there.

- In order to make it look a little more pro, I'd thicken the blue lines and accentuate the features even more to minimize the amount of blank space around his face.

- I'd try a font other than the Bucs, and find a bit of a different way to incorporate it with the face... obscuring the "re C" makes it a little tough to read.

Some great work so far! I especially like the geometric angles that make up the area from his eyes through to his nose. Keep up the good work!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Also, the highlight above the eyes looks like clown makeup... maybe try something different there

thank you for your comments I will use these and edit my work so it looks better.

syphi whould it help making the face darker instead of getting rid of the definition in its fore head?

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

I'd go with numero uno. The white fangs look better than the gradient IMHO. There's one reason I'd avoid number 3 entirely right now, and I'll try to state it without offending anyone. Given the choices here, you have two that appear to have a long mane coming around, and one with a straight neck. I'm not sure if it works the same on this type of cat as it does elsewhere, but have you ever looked at a pack of lions? Male lions have thick necks and also have a large mane, while female lions are thinner, and have no mane. Based on that, I'd say the more rugged neck here looks more "manly" and thus more imposing. I'd go with that one.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

It's the triangular shape of the highlights over the eyes that makes them resemble clown makeup. Instead of bringing the point straight up, try bringing the top line of those highlights from the corner of the eyes (where you have them already) towards the ears.

I think if you make the outline of the upper eyelids thicken as they go outwards, it might give the eyes more depth.

I'm beginning to like the gradient on the fangs. It makes them kind of look bloodstained and they're curving in at the points. :grin:

This latest version is getting better. The larger contrast between the facial colours is good. The thicker outlines are good, although the lines of the eyes, nose, and fangs could still use some added weight.

Still looks a little like clown makeup. I'd recommend trying Gordie's suggestion, although beyond that I don't know what you could do. Anybody else got ideas?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived