IRBC Nations Cup

RevNet

Hey everyone! If you'll remember my NARBA and IRBC threads, I introduced a brand new sport called roller bowling, and it is exactly what it sounds like: 10-pin bowling on roller skates. The NARBA thread was for all the teams in the United States and Canada, 36 in all, and it was using an old Paint template. The IRBC thread expanded the sport into 128 teams in 60+ countries around the globe with a new Illustrator template. This thread will introduce you to the countries that are taking part in the IRBC Nations Cup. Unlike the IRBC World Cup, which is for the 128 clubs and takes place every year, the competition for the Nations Cup takes place every three years.

Before making the uniforms for these national teams, I set out some requirements for a country to participate in the Nations Cup:

1. If a country has more than one team within its borders, then it automatically qualifies for participation.

2. If a country has only one team within its borders, then that team must have participated in the WRA/IRBC for more than one season in order to qualify for participation.

Special cases:Now as seen in the IRBC thread, there is one team, the Baltic Alliance Javelins, that even though it's in one country, it actually represents three countries. Each of those countries gets to participate as separate countries in the Nations Cup because the team has existed for more than one season.

Also, since Singapore is considered a city-state and not a country, they are not qualified for participation, even though they have a team in the Singapore Crows.

This narrowed down the list of countries from 60+ to these 48 countries:

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Bulgaria

Canada

Chile

China

Colombia

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

Finland

France

Germany

Great Britain (or the United Kingdom)

Greece

Hungary

Iceland

India

Ireland

Israel

Italy

Japan

Latvia

Lithuania

Malaysia

Mexico

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Panama

Peru

Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Russia

Serbia

South Africa

South Korea

Spain

Sweden

Thailand

Turkey

Ukraine

United States

I will present these teams six at the time in alphabetical order starting right below, just to give you a taste of what is to come.

Argentina_zps8ae8cc67.png

Australia_zpsb37e092c.png

Austria_zpsdf32fecf.png

Belgium_zps620bcf0b.png

Brazil_zpsee34246f.png

Bulgaria_zpsd9216a6b.png

So what do you all think so far?

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

First time ive heard of your sport and honestly, It sounds like it would've started out as a hilarious YouTube video. Im not sure what to say about them except for Argentina: I feel as if you should remove the outline around the sun and finger holes and put the holes in the middle instead of on one side like all the others, unless that's what you were going for.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Wow! You've really improved. While I don't get the color choices for the Argentina or Australia clashes, overall, these are some pretty good sets. Austria is classy and so is Argentina's primary. Brazil's primary is cool and modern. Good work and I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

First time ive heard of your sport and honestly, It sounds like it would've started out as a hilarious YouTube video. Im not sure what to say about them except for Argentina: I feel as if you should remove the outline around the sun and finger holes and put the holes in the middle instead of on one side like all the others, unless that's what you were going for.

It is mostly what I was going for, but you might see one that doesn't have all the holes on the side. The outlined holes are on the ball to make them stand out more.

Wow! You've really improved. While I don't get the color choices for the Argentina or Australia clashes, overall, these are some pretty good sets. Austria is classy and so is Argentina's primary. Brazil's primary is cool and modern. Good work and I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Argentina's clash is based on the sun on the Argentine flag (you see the gold, but if you look closer, you'll see a bit of brown as well), and Australia's clash is based off of the Australian Aborigine flag:

aboriginal-flag.gif

I thank you both for your comments!

I think it's cool that you're inventing a sport (it sounds a bit dangerous, maybe?) But the uniforms you're showing, they could be soccer uniforms, at least in cut. I would imagine these folks would be wearing helmets and knee pads. This brings in more elements to the uniforms that you can experiment with.

rATMcmK.png

I think it's cool that you're inventing a sport (it sounds a bit dangerous, maybe?) But the uniforms you're showing, they could be soccer uniforms, at least in cut. I would imagine these folks would be wearing helmets and knee pads. This brings in more elements to the uniforms that you can experiment with.

Thank you for your comments! When I created the template originally for my IRBC thread, it just happened to look like a soccer uniform template, so I'll put that to coincidence.

Here are six more:

Canada_zps13b7596d.png

In the IRBC universe, Canada has 6 teams that compete in NARBA, the North American arm of the IRBC. The six red points in the leaf on the primary logo represent those teams.

Chile_zps18bc3da4.png

This team's primary logo combines the shield shape of the Chilean coat of arms and the Chilean flag.

China_zps24fd1fcb.png

The primary logo is based on the Chinese flag and is pretty self-explanatory from there.

Colombia_zps2e7a0f57.png

Since Colombia's flag is a bit plain, the opportunity presented itself to make this team's logo and uniforms fun and celebratory. The away bowlwear is based off of the primary logo.

CzechRepublic_zps0654bd76.png

I'll explain the Czech Republic's home bowlwear. It is a minimalist take on their coat of arms:

200px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png

Denmark_zps0f7a4971.png

The "D" in the home bowlwear has a crown on it since Denmark is a monarchy.

Six more:

Estonia_zpsb60cce67.png

The primary logo in Estonia's identity was very hard to execute, but I'm ecstatic with the result. I complimented the logo with the typeface you see.

Finland_zps307e4e3f.png

I wanted to make Finland's full set look like it was handmade, yet polished. Every bit of striping and logowork (blue-on-white and white-on-blue) was made from the cross in the primary logo. (Edited 4.5.13)

France_zps677de63d.png

I revamped France's set for a more simplified look with a new logo that I like to call the "fleur-de-quille" ("Quille" is "bowling pin" in French). (Edited 4.5.13)

Germany_zps94ad54b5.png

With Germany's set, "ASAP" was the acronym of the day, meaning "As Simple As Possible". I also wanted to keep it classic-looking as well.

GreatBritain_zps4b90db1f.png

After consideration, I decided that the logo I had on here was just too simple, so I went with an idea I had drawn previously before I went in the direction that I did, which is the 10-line crown (to represent the 10 pins). (Edited 4.5.13)

Greece_zps96eb9cb5.png

The home bowlwear's white stripes are based on the stripes on the Greek flag as well as the primary logo.

Here are six more:

Hungary_zps1ec7ba05.png

The primary logo in Hungary's logo may be my favorite out of all the primary logos. The "M" monogram is based on the Hungarian name of the country (which is on the front of the away bowlwear).

Iceland_zpsf06c7801.png

I chose the font you see to pair wonderfully with Iceland's shape and all of its jagged edges.

India_zpscbae6fa3.png

Originally I had a different idea to differentiate India's monogram from Ireland's and Italy's. I was going to have the Hindi script of India's name of "Bharat" along with the "I", but it just didn't work out. What you see before you was the next best thing.

Ireland_zps021fde36.png

I wanted a set of bowlwear that every Irishman could wear without a problem, so I cut out the orange that is in the Irish tricolor, and it made for a beautiful set in my opinion.

Israel_zpsfc579272.png

The Star of David is a unique feature on Israel's flag (the basis for the away bowlwear), so I wanted to carry that feature on every part of their identity.

Italy_zpsa559e0ec.png

Italy's emblem features a white star with a red outline, and this was the basis for the primary logo.

BTW, C&C is welcome on any and all of these uniforms.

I really like Ireland and Italy and from the last set, Estonia and China. If you really want C&C, I would post two at a time. Having six is just overwhelming for people. I'd say get two out a day, so you can have more time to perfect those two, and I bet more people would comment.

What is "Bhart" for India?

And there are just too many colors in France. I would also say that the branding of GB isn't that good. The primary logo and the team monogram look like they're for completely different teams. Why two horizontal stripes for Finland? A brief explanation would be good for each team too.

I really like Ireland and Italy and from the last set, Estonia and China. If you really want C&C, I would post two at a time. Having six is just overwhelming for people. I'd say get two out a day, so you can have more time to perfect those two, and I bet more people would comment.

What is "Bhart" for India?

And there are just too many colors in France. I would also say that the branding of GB isn't that good. The primary logo and the team monogram look like they're for completely different teams. Why two horizontal stripes for Finland? A brief explanation would be good for each team too.

These are already done, but I'll go back and edit some of these. My process is that I get all of these done, and then I post them, and that's why I posted so many at a time up to this point.

"Bharat" is short for "Bharat Ganrajya", or the "Republic of India" in Hindi. At the time, since I was going to have three "I" teams have green hats/helmets, I thought I'd differentiate them, and having "Bharat" in India's monogram was one way to do so.

For Finland, they're not so much stripes as the fact that I was trying to combine the flag's cross and the "F" and now that I look at it after reading your comments, I do see your point.

Thanks again!

Here are three more (I figured half of six, Philsphan):

Japan_zps226c6d68.png

I wanted the Japanese national team set to be differentiated from the Tokyo Wind set in my IRBC thread, even though they have the same exact colors. I believe this did the job.

Latvia_zpsd91905df.png

Everything in Latvia's set (minus the away set) is based on the flag and its one white stripe. The sash on the home set is there because Riga (the Latvian capital) is where the Baltic Alliance Javelins play their home games.

Lithuania_zps1585e26d.png

Since Lithuania's home set had so much going on with its three flag-based colors, I thought that to keep it toned down, I would just add the required numbers on the front and leave it alone. The white away set was changed to gold, along with the numbers on the front of the home set.

All three are good branding efforts but I would make changes to Japan and Lithuania. For Japan, I would move the number down the jersey and eliminate the middle row of Japanese text. For Lithuania, just a touch of yellow on the away would be good.

I know you wanted to keep it toned down, but I'd a least like to see what the yellow looked like.

Thanks again!

Three more:

Malaysia_zpsa1c6c69f.png

Like the Greek set, the Malaysian away set is based on the stripes of the Malaysian flag.

Mexico_zps4b14de10.png

I decided to base most of this Mexican set on the monogram

Netherlands_zps5a5e0b45.png

Orange is the color of the day on the Dutch home set. I was originally going to have the letters on the primary logo be segmented.

Going on with three more:

NewZealand_zps335a1b00.png

The home set is based on the All Blacks' home set, with just a bit more added on to it. The away set extends the idea of the silver part of the silver fern (also on the All Blacks' home shirt) and makes silver the color.

Norway_zps1df235ee.png

For Norway, I wanted to give them a modern, yet rugged edge. Kind of Iceland-lite, in a way. The mountain motif on the sleeves of the home shirt adds to this along with the font choice. The circle in the center of the primary logo is supposed to be a roller skate wheel.

Panama_zpsa5fbc50e.png

This was one of the last ones I did, because I had forgotten about Panama when doing my list for this thread. I knew that I wanted to make the two stars on Panamanian flag the focus of the set.

Three more for today:

Peru_zps82c550a9.png

Originally on the home shirt, I was going to have a white tracing of Machu Picchu on the red shirt, but since that would've taken a long time, I opted for a pair of Andes mountains instead.

Philippines_zpsd5db1720.png

Everything in this Filipino set is based on the flag of the Philippines, from the primary logo to the monogram and even the home shirt.

Poland_zps2c1b3e1d.png

The primary logo is based on the Polish coat of arms:

polish-coat-of-arms.png

Here are three more:

Portugal_zpsf5db3732.png

Portugal's set is based on the Portuguese flag. The primary logo is based on part of the Portuguese coat of arms.

Romania_zpsc410c2d6.png

The crown on the logo is based on the crown on the Bucharest (where the RRBA is based) coat of arms:

500px-Stema_municipiu_bucuresti.svg.png

Russia_zpsf0cee924.png

With Russia, I wanted to keep it classic. Nothing more to note here.

Three more:

Serbia_zpsbd311be7.png

Serbia's home shirt took a long time to execute, and although it looks like Russia's set, I thought I'd differentiate them by having the full Serbian name of the country on the cap/helmet.

SouthAfrica_zps6792c5d8.png

Yes, South Africa's national team has the same basic logo as its IRBC association, mainly because it works out.

SouthKorea_zpsb9b806f0.png

I had another idea for the primary logo before I settled on the one you see, mainly because that idea would've looked silly.

Only six more after this post!

I like Russia and South Africa, but Poland and Portugal need work. The circles on Portugal's primary are completely unessecary. And the Polish logo, well, I can't see the resemblance to the crest. I don't know if you do this after hearing C&C, but I would change and play with Poland and Portugal.

Some of your hand-drawn elements are really shaky--I'm thinking especially of the "leaves" of the "fleur-de-quille" of France and the eagle silhouette of Poland. I'm assuming you're using a vector-drawing programme, in which case you're going to want to play with smoothing out those Bezier points. Also, you should up the weight on that eagle silhouette, the line is much too thin right now.

Overall this is a great series.

rATMcmK.png

I like Russia and South Africa, but Poland and Portugal need work. The circles on Portugal's primary are completely unessecary. And the Polish logo, well, I can't see the resemblance to the crest. I don't know if you do this after hearing C&C, but I would change and play with Poland and Portugal.

Some of your hand-drawn elements are really shaky--I'm thinking especially of the "leaves" of the "fleur-de-quille" of France and the eagle silhouette of Poland. I'm assuming you're using a vector-drawing programme, in which case you're going to want to play with smoothing out those Bezier points. Also, you should up the weight on that eagle silhouette, the line is much too thin right now.

Overall this is a great series.

I may go back and change Poland and Portugal, but they'll be minor changes. Thank you for your C&C! Since this is the last six, I'll post them all in this one post, so here we go:

Spain_zps743603d8.png

With Spain, I wanted to envoke the feeling of the Madrid Conquistadores IRBC team without the set being a carbon copy of that set. I chose Spain to have "Real" or "Royal" in their association's name, since Spain is a kingdom, so the name translates to the "Royal Spaniard Roller Bowling Association".

Sweden_zpsde1fc4ea.png

Classy and modern were the keywords with Sweden's set. I had a white away set originally, but white didn't make sense for Sweden, so I changed the away set color from white to gold.

Thailand_zpsab60248f.png

Thailand's logo is one of my more simple logos, which is just a ball emblazoned with the Thai flag and a letter "T" on top, which is also the monogram.

Turkey_zps0d4c212f.png

Like Panama, Turkey is a country I had forgotten about. I decided to keep it simple by not including black, which is a color on the Istanbul Sultans IRBC set. Like Norway's logo, Turkey's logo also has a roller skate wheel.

Ukraine_zps9a07e505.png

Ukraine's set features a Cyrillic letter which is the first letter in the country's Ukrainian name and also is the equivalent to the letter "U". Like Sweden, this set had white as its original away color. It was changed to yellow.

UnitedStates_zps8191c176.png

The American primary logo features 30 stars (for the 30 American teams in the IRBC) and five stripes (for the five American leagues in the NARBA) with a rushing bowling ball, all within a shield shape.

And those are all the nations participating in the IRBC Nations Cup! I hope you liked these designs as much as I did making (and remaking) them.

Archived