Got Pixels NFL Concepts: Titans

GotPixels

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I love the 1960 Throwback. Those would be fun to see running around.

Never been a fan of the silver green color itself. That always seems like a color that can't make up its mind on what color it wants to be.

I'm getting very nitpicky, but the white helmet stripe is a tad thick.

As for the three concepts, I actually prefer the green-silver color. It's unique to the Cowboys. These are very well done. Good work.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I do prefer the navy over that shade of blue, but if you're using that shade of silver, then I guess it fits. Nice job.

Side note: Why do people feel the need throw in how much they hate the Cowboys whenever something related to them comes in this forum? I hate ALL L.A. sports teams but don't bring it up.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Because hating the Cowboys is part of the fun. It's part of the identity of the Cowboys and they encourage it by their practices. If you're a Cowboys fan, you revel in that hate. The last thing any team wants (or it's fans) is for people to shrug when it's mentioned. If you're a soccer fan, you know how disheartening it is when someone's eyes glaze over when you mention even the word 'soccer'.

And besides, I know GotPixels takes amusement in the love/hate the Cowboys inspires.

The 1966 colors... EVERYTHING works here from the metallic blue on the helmet to the return of the 60s slab serif font.

It also doesn't hurt that 1966 was a pretty good year for the Packers-Cowboys rivalry. :P

I do prefer the navy over that shade of blue, but if you're using that shade of silver, then I guess it fits. Nice job.

Side note: Why do people feel the need throw in how much they hate the Cowboys whenever something related to them comes in this forum? I hate ALL L.A. sports teams but don't bring it up.

Because the Cowboys are the Yankees of pro football. Be proud that your team can evoke such a strong reaction from opposing fans even during some very lean years.

I'm getting very nitpicky, but the white helmet stripe is a tad thick.

As for the three concepts, I actually prefer the green-silver color. It's unique to the Cowboys. These are very well done. Good work.

I agree there. I will modify it and also nitpick myself. I forgot the blue label on the back of the helmet.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Not a fan of the the silver here the more bluish silver works better to me for the cowboys.

They own that silver as well.

I like the blue on the logo the best not sure if that is what you used but it does not look like it.

I see no reason to do the socks with stripes with the silver pants as the white stripes stand out but not in good way.

Looks good on the throwback though.

Not a fan of the the silver here the more bluish silver works better to me for the cowboys.

They own that silver as well.

I like the blue on the logo the best not sure if that is what you used but it does not look like it.

I see no reason to do the socks with stripes with the silver pants as the white stripes stand out but not in good way.

Looks good on the throwback though.

All colors are official and from Colorwerx. So metallic blue=bluish silver.

The two stripes on the socks are as much a part of the Cowboys uniform as Blue and Silver.

My concept is to take the palettes that I like and mold them together to make one unified look.

I personally love the royal blue. Also love the silver green. When used right it could look really sharp.

I thought the Cowboys were one of the most well-liked teams in the nation. That's why they're called America's Team, right?

I thought the Cowboys were one of the most well-liked teams in the nation. That's why they're called America's Team, right?

The word you're looking for is most "polarizing"...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I thought "America's Team" was a relic from the 70s when the Cowboys played on national television almost every week, and was seen as often as the local team by many Americans.

I thought "America's Team" was a relic from the 70s when the Cowboys played on national television almost every week, and was seen as often as the local team by many Americans.
The Cowboys played in four of the top six viewed games this year. Fifth on the list was Giants-Cowboys on Oct. 28 with 26.9 million. Sixth was Cowboys-Steelers on CBS on Dec. 16 with 26.9 million.

Overall, the Cowboys played in six of the 25 most-watched games of the 2012 season.

1. NBC Sunday Night Football (Cowboys-Redskins), 12/30

30.3 million

2. FOX Thanksgiving Game (Redskins-Cowboys), 11/22

28.7 million

Um. Just saying.

Guest darkpiranha

Cowboys = Yankees = Manchester United

Money, arrogance, success, headlines, jealous rivals is what they all have in common.

Archived