Got Pixels NFL Concepts: Titans

GotPixels

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like the final product here. My only qualm is that the metallic/black/metallic could be a bit much in a league that has the Saints and a division that has the Jaguars.

Needs an extra something to differentiate it. I really like moving away from the norm here, though.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Thanks all for the comments and links. The copper and black combo is pretty sweet, but I would be remiss if I didn't take valued advice and try some more combinations with copper.

So wrapping up phase 3 and heading to phase 4 here are three more looks to ponder.

titanscompphase3final.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Guest darkpiranha

I wonder what it would look like if the green was actually more of the Statue of Liberty green, which is itself made of copper, of course. Horrible, I'm sure, but I'm still curious.

I personally think a darker blue would look great with that copper color.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Guest darkpiranha

Even though I much preferred the more heavily copper-infused versions, I really like these colors. I'm really surprised we don't have more red/blue/gold-ish combos in pro sports. I'm drawing a blank as I write this on any teams that currently qualify. I have to go back to the old London Monarchs of the World League or NFL Europe or whatever it was called when the Monarchs were big.

The one thing I really really don't like is the yellow/copper on the helmets. For the logo, I'd use the color scheme you have for the jersey numbers (the white numbers, obviously). That said, the helmets that are actually on the players' heads look a lot better than the ones sitting on the ground. Colors look completely different. The ones on the ground are flatter and duller. Is it supposed to be a throwback helmet, perhaps?

And while I'm here, I want to commend you for (so far) not gloating about having nailed the helmets for the Jaguars. When I first saw that two-tone gradient helmet, I thought I was looking at one of your concepts.

Thanks for the feedback DP. I agree about the logo on the helmet. so I added an outline to help it punch. I also agreed about the helmets and I worked with those to make them a little richer in appearance. I really like this color combo as well. I did borrow a bit from my London Archers concept and muted the red and blue while leaning more towards an old gold.

I think it works for the "TITANS." Any who, here are the small tweaks to phase four. The final phase is right around the corner. As for the Jags helmet...lucky guess. I was in the ballpark tough. Gradients? :shocked:

titanscompphase4fix.jpg

Edit:Thanks marble

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

The only suggestion I'd make is either to lighten up the copper a tiny bit, or add a little white to the home uniform and pants. Not much, I think the extent I'm referring to would be changing the shoulder numbers to white with a copper outline (on both uniforms), and maybe adding thin (super thin) white stripes to the pants.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The only suggestion I'd make is either to lighten up the copper a tiny bit, or add a little white to the home uniform and pants. Not much, I think the extent I'm referring to would be changing the shoulder numbers to white with a copper outline (on both uniforms), and maybe adding thin (super thin) white stripes to the pants.

This. I don't think the sleeve numbers stand out enough.

spacer.png

Archived