2013 Football Schedule Poster

wILL-INI

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wake

WG9XLpF.jpg

Not bad. Not bad at all.....

Anyone noticing a pattern of these Helmet posters?

Reflections off of a random player's visor and a slogan? Can't say I'm surprised.

Don't think this is a "new" trend.

I love this Wake one though, it's pretty EA Sports cover, but I'm into it. Love the simplicity.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Wake

WG9XLpF.jpg

Not bad. Not bad at all.....

Anyone noticing a pattern of these Helmet posters?

Reflections off of a random player's visor and a slogan? Can't say I'm surprised.

Don't think this is a "new" trend.

I love this Wake one though, it's pretty EA Sports cover, but I'm into it. Love the simplicity.

Nope, TCU, Air Force and others have all done it recently.

12493_550677108316412_1642186111_n.jpg

thats the Tetons in the back right? that's not exactly close to Laramie is it? i guess it's alright, if you're "State name college" you can claim the whole state

Yeah you bring up a valid point about them being about 400 miles away, however the A.D. is really pushing for a statewide campaign this upcoming year. I was privileged in working on a new athletic logo that will be pushed through next fall that features the Tetons. I'm actually chomping at the bit for them to finally unveil it even though it's a shadow of it's former self. I should mention that I'm NOT a fan of this poster at all (not because of the Tetons though). They could have used the Snowy Range Mountains which are close by and contains the oh so beautiful Medicine Bow Peak . I think they can easily get away with using any feature of the state being the only University in it. I'd say 99% of people in the state would claim to be Poke's fans. I love that they have made the state flag decal a tradition for the Border War with CSU starting 2 years ago. Fans will drive from all corners of the state on any given Saturday so I'm fine with them using a prominent state feature. I can understand why it would be considered strange though. I for one am disappointed they opted not to go with a more athletic looking poster (shameless self plug)

1522359.jpg

12493_550677108316412_1642186111_n.jpg

thats the Tetons in the back right? that's not exactly close to Laramie is it? i guess it's alright, if you're "State name college" you can claim the whole state

Yeah you bring up a valid point about them being about 400 miles away, however the A.D. is really pushing for a statewide campaign this upcoming year. I was privileged in working on a new athletic logo that will be pushed through next fall that features the Tetons. I'm actually chomping at the bit for them to finally unveil it even though it's a shadow of it's former self. I should mention that I'm NOT a fan of this poster at all (not because of the Tetons though). They could have used the Snowy Range Mountains which are close by and contains the oh so beautiful Medicine Bow Peak . I think they can easily get away with using any feature of the state being the only University in it. I'd say 99% of people in the state would claim to be Poke's fans. I love that they have made the state flag decal a tradition for the Border War with CSU starting 2 years ago. Fans will drive from all corners of the state on any given Saturday so I'm fine with them using a prominent state feature. I can understand why it would be considered strange though. I for one am disappointed they opted not to go with a more athletic looking poster (shameless self plug)

1522359.jpg[

Gotta say, like yours a helluva lot better. Clean classy simple. The real one seems a little cheesy, and pardon my geography, the whole teton thing kinda sucks. I just assumed they were by the school, now it's something that really bothers me. Anyway... look forward to this mountain logo. Something about mountain logos. I love the Shoulder to Shoulder one CU uses, and the one in you sig looks pretty awesome.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

congrats on the logo WYO, im a big fan of mountain logos too. i drove through WY last year (started in Montana and ended in Colorado actually) and the difference between the Tetons area and Laramie was so different the poster struck me a bit odd. but i dont mind the idea either.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived