Sign in to follow this  
nitroseed

Florida Int'l Univ. Basketball Unveils Beach-Themed Court Design

I cant stand that logo, it looks so awkward. I get what its supposed to be, but it just looks odd with only a partial of the body showing, makes it look like a mutilated body reaching out for dear life lol. A very Mufasa/Lion King near death looking moment.

I like the court though, I like when teams get a little creative like this without going way too over the top.

If they went with the sand texture and palm tree shadows in all 4 corners I might be able to get on board. Having the shore line and waves and whatnot just looks like it could get distracting to the players.

It seems that some schools forget that it is still about the game played on the court and not the actual court itself. I get it, by doing something like this, FIU can get slightly more recognition as that school with the funky basketball court now that they no longer are known as "that school that has Isiah Thomas as a coach". Just like Boise State was just "that school with the blue turf" before they became any good. It seems that now days there is no limit to what some universities will do just to get their name in the news.

The ironic thing is FIU is nowhere near the beach...unless you call a half hour drive "near".

That seems pretty near to me. But I also live in Arkansas.

It seems that some schools forget that it is still about the game played on the court and not the actual court itself. I get it, by doing something like this, FIU can get slightly more recognition as that school with the funky basketball court now that they no longer are known as "that school that has Isiah Thomas as a coach". Just like Boise State was just "that school with the blue turf" before they became any good. It seems that now days there is no limit to what some universities will do just to get their name in the news.

Unfortunately, as conferences continue to realign, and network dollars are still up for grabs, we're going to see more and more schools resort to these gimmicks. This court may nab the school one or two nationally televised games and some added ESPN highlights, just to satisfy the curiosity. And as the big 4.5 continue to further distance themselves from the rest of the pack, the mid-majors are going to need to resort to unique and bizarre measures to garner attention.

The graphic looked good because it was somewhat subtle, but the real thing looks bad, way too strong.

Love the idea, but the ocean (from this view) looks awful.

The graphic looked good because it was somewhat subtle, but the real thing looks bad, way too strong.

exactly, the trees don't need o be green, the subtle route was far superior

I actually like the court. It has a refreshing look, and I think it's better than Oregon's court...

no, it looks like they haven't painted a 3-point line yet...maybe they'll make it interesting by the players have to guess where the 3 point line is :P