Sign in to follow this  
nitroseed

Florida Int'l Univ. Basketball Unveils Beach-Themed Court Design

How is it going to look when viewed upside down from the other side of the court?

Not. A. Fan. This... Um... It's a bit much.

Oh dear God...

First of all, the palm leaves were supposed to be shadows. At least that's how it appeared to me. The green is to overpowering and too much color. It detracts from the court, which maybe in turn is supposed to distract from the product on the court. Either way, barf.

The ocean... looked so dang awesome on the concept. But the execution is lacking in so many ways.

Oh dear God...

First of all, the palm leaves were supposed to be shadows. At least that's how it appeared to me. The green is to overpowering and too much color. It detracts from the court, which maybe in turn is supposed to distract from the product on the court. Either way, barf.

The ocean... looked so dang awesome on the concept. But the execution is lacking in so many ways.

I do agree, they needed to carry out the exact same concept shown in the illustration, the trees if a much lighter shade would make the court stand out more a long with the water being a lighter blue... although still will look great on live television

That is abysmal. Seriously. Just no.

This is the finished court, looks amazing imo.

Court%284-10-13%29.JPG

I am surprised but I actually like this court design for a school like FIU. I just hope bigger name school don't feel like they have to follow suit.

The lines need to be orange, or some other color that'll actually stand out against the design. Other than that, I like it; but that's a pretty big "other."

At least it's not as obnoxious as CSU Bakersfield's court.

I actually like this better than Long Beach State's, but that's not saying much.