Fixing the Broncos away uniforms

TheSoundofThrowingPennies

One thing that bugged me last season is that the Broncos switched their primary color to orange, yet kept the same away uniforms. The aways need updating, so for this first image I simply swapped everything orange and blue on the uniforms. The result:

Jvzr8nS.jpg

I know the numbers are too short, the font would not let me make them taller without also widening them, so mabe some one could throw a tip my way about how to fix that. Now the next thing I noticed is that the blue helmet is very out of place and I'm not a fan of the horseshoe collar. So I eliminated the collar and gave the set a white helmet and tried both a white facemask and a blue one. Let me know what you all think, also I'm going to post later what the other uniform combinations would look like with a white helmet:

x5VvC2j.jpg

xqJiO4V.jpg

Not a big fan of the white helmet, that needs to go. But, I do like that orange is predominant, although I don't have a problem with the blue heavy roads. Definitely in favor of getting rid of the disco collar which looks awful on any team. So, my vote would be current helmet and no disco collar.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Ok, bear with me here Impaler. The white helmet wasn't doing it for me either, but the blue still looks too out of place, so I toyed with a Blue stripe and an orange stripe on the white helmet with both the blue and white facemasks. I think I know which one I like best, even better than the currents, but I'd like your opinion as well without my bias:

clJZD4f.jpg

rDXig49.jpg

cfeOxM0.jpg

vSyBmEE.jpg

I have to say this is some of your best work. A few thing though: Unless your gonna take the college route, all-white uni's and helmets together are not good in the NFL. You could try making it like Boise State's bowl game helmet they just had. In addition, the numbers are bugging me but I have no idea how to fix 'em. Also, around the stripe in your updates there seem to be an outline of pixels that really stand out with the orange stripe. You should probably fix that.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I have to say this is some of your best work. A few thing though: Unless your gonna take the college route, all-white uni's and helmets together are not good in the NFL. You could try making it like Boise State's bowl game helmet they just had. In addition, the numbers are bugging me but I have no idea how to fix 'em. Also, around the stripe in your updates there seem to be an outline of pixels that really stand out with the orange stripe. You should probably fix that.

Thanks! I cleaned it up on the one I've decided to go with because it looks best with the other uniform sets. Also I know what you mean about too much white, and might try to incorporate Orange or Blue pants. I'll toy around with it and see how it works. Here's the cleaned up design I've decided to go with if I go all white:

aJdQvoM.jpg

Unless your team is called the Oranges and plays in Florida, all-orange is not always the answer. The White helmet looks a lil bit outta place on the all-blue uni. For the orange uni, you should probably go with white pants.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I think the away could be balanced out by putting a blue stripe along side like they have for the orange. This might help them look less like Tennessee, and it would go better with the blue helmet. And I totally agree they need to update the road set!

Champ-Bailey.jpg

I just can't get on board with a white helmet, Denver IS blue lids. But, out of the options you had up there I like the orange stripe blue mask. I think what you have done here is interesting, and on it's own it looks really nice. But it doesn't feel Broncos to me. My suggestion is go back to the current helmets and your orange stripes/numbers set. Then to balance out the blue helmet with all the orange on the roads you can put a blue stroke on the stripes just like how their current roads have an orange stroke on the blue stripes.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Put the blue pants on the last white with the blue helmet and you have a good uniform.

But honestly I think the current whites look fine even though blue is the main color. Even in the orange crush era the broncos had blue numbers.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

This really doesn't fix their uniforms IMO, it's just swapping blue out for orange, I prefer their current uniforms over these I think it ties in with the set better. Also you gotta fix the numbers, try re using the text tool there is no reason for the way they are squashed right now

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived