2013-14 CHL uniform/logo thread

chrysleraspen08

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they'd add some black back to the Soo look.

I love the greyhound identity, just kind of weak on the jerseys.

I've been planning on getting a Soo jersey for a while now, think I might pick up the alternate one.

Even though it's bland, which is what I hate in sports uniforms, I like the use of the greyhound without the circle logo.

2ly2w09.jpg

DEV_50275318.JPG

DEV_53795343.JPG

Expansion team? By all means. It's a nice, clean, out-of-the-box-but-not-Buffalo design. However, I hate it for a team with a history dating back to 1951. The negative space on the side of the king's head also bugs me.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I personally like the jerseys (logo, I'm undecided). The green really jumps out on the black and I really like them. This is one of my favorite colour combinations in recent years and I'm thinking back to the first black Seattle Sounders jersey that was black with the green accents and I love that combination.

Unless I just haven't been paying attention, Red Deer has a new shoulder patch. They have the "R" from their alt jersey on the shoulder of at least the homes instead of the arched "REBELS" wordmark they used to have.

reddeershoulder_zps56a5adf2.png

If they haven't unveiled it by now, we probably won't see it til game time, which is only about 85 minutes from now (for the warmup, puck drop is in about 110 minutes).

BTW, LOVE those Oil Kings thirds.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

PG wore these for their home opener to the start of their 20th season.

pgcougarsopener_zps2b7da5d9.jpg

(Judging by the collar, I'm guessing an OT or ProJoy sublimated jersey with the Reebok logo on it.)

Also, to answer the Seattle question, they wore a mix of wordmarked and vectored jerseys. However, TC did them one better wearing both the wordmarked and vectored jerseys but also wearing the wordmarked jerseys with the wordmark only on the back collar and not on the front chest.

Best I could find of the new Mooseheads jersey so far: http://instagram.com/p/e0kf7JRXdy/#

Kind of looks like the BlueJackets third, only replace the navy and the itty bits of silver with black (though the radio announcer says they're in green) and the light blue with red.

champssig2.png

I don't recall them ever saying they were, even though the jersey they wore tonight is supposed to be a "Special 20th Anniversary commemorative jersey", even though I don't think they had an XX patch on it.

Much better view of the back of the jersey here: https://twitter.com/JamieBaillie/status/384109371447185408/photo/1

You can kind of see that it could be green, but it confirms what I thought, that it is a recolored Blue Jackets third jersey.

EDIT: Ever better view of the back: https://twitter.com/RoostersRus/status/384099815585357824/photo/1

champssig2.png

Archived