Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

I really never noticed the green stripes until the recent talk. What was the significance? Just because? Seems pretty random.

Just a signature of the fashion designer who designed them.

Here is a nice story on the Hornets original uniforms and mascot:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andreiberman/the-charlotte-hornets-are-back-heres-the-story-behind-their

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next weekend huh. Going to have a field day when I see it's just the old logo recolored. The NBA loves doing that. Hence, I'm not excited, not like I used to be about logo unveils.

Maybe the sleeves on their sleeved alt jersey will have insect wing patterns, clear side panels and orange pinstripes as homage to the Bobcats.

Then in 10 years they will be shipped to Seattle.

Then 10 years later Charlotte will resurrect itself as the Bobcats.

And by then we'll have FULL sleeved alts.. and Michael Jordan will be comissioner of the NBA.

And no, no, Derrick Rose would still not have returned from injury.

If they want to bring back the classic logo, then I'm all for it. The New Orleans logo was one of my favorites before the switch to Pelicans.

Better than having them royally screw up the whole thing and create a new and original underwhelming turd like the Thunder did.

bSLCtu2.png

If they want to bring back the classic logo, then I'm all for it. The New Orleans logo was one of my favorites before the switch to Pelicans.

Better than having them royally screw up the whole thing and create a new and original underwhelming turd like the Thunder did.

I agree. Hugo needs to make the trek back to Charlotte as well.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I agree. Hugo needs to make the trek back to Charlotte as well.

There's been talk that Hugo may be unavailable due to some NOLA Hornets copyright issues...

Quote: "It’s not as easy as people may think to just go grab Hugo. He moved to New Orleans, as well. Those are conversation we’re having with the New Orleans executive team because Hugo is still endeared in the New Orleans market."

Not sure what all that means, but I can only hope it's a smoke screen, or easily resolved. It would be a hollow victory without everyone's favorite sports Hornet.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

They now have that creepy looking Pelican as their mascot though, so I would think that Hugo would be obsolete, no?

If they have the rights to Hugo, they could be just holding out for a check.

That's what I would have assumed, too, but that quote came straight from team president Fred Whitfield.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Bannertop.jpeg

i thought the NBA has to the rights to hugo once the saints owner bought the hornets/penguins and the bobcats could get it from the nba

NBA owned the rights to the name "Charlotte Hornets". Doesn't include Hugo as he was property of the New Orleans Hornets while the NBA stilled owned the aforementioned Charlotte name.

Charlotte is in North Carolina, MJ, Carolina Panthers, university blue aka Carolina blue in retail is highly popular cause it's cool and it wouldn't be as left field as OKC navy alternate

the panthers don't use carolina blue, it's a much brighter color, and i don't feel every team needs that color for a jersey, it would be like playing UNC dress up which i don't feel would look good with the purple and teal anyways

Correct, the Panthers do not wear the same baby blue that UNC wears. Their color is an electric blue or "process" blue.

The original Hornets had baby blue stripes on their uniforms (also had green and dark blue stripes) and I hope this is all that color is used for with the Hornets moving forward. If they want to be the Tarheels and have baby blue alternates, move the team to Chapel Hill.

White Home, Teal Road, and Purple Alt is what they should do.

72490_05_lg.jpg?width=84&height=84&crop=

http://www.100percentauthentic.com/Certificates/Details/Baron-Davis-Game-Worn-Charlotte-Hornets-Rookie-Jersey-Autographed-w-Bobby-Phills-Patch-72490/72490

http://www.gamewornuniformsauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=450

102912-1350795824.JPG

Is that two different kinds of teal or is it just the way the light is hitting it. I hope they return with the darker teal in the white jersey. The Hornets are one case where the city name needs to be on the home jersey. That's the only problem I had with the mock up.

FWIW, the teal that was officially revealed is darker than I thought it would be given the multitude of more turquoise colored apparel in the team store. I like it.

Also, the Bring Back the Buzz guys have source that's been pretty accurate so far saying that it will be an "updated, sleeker, more muscular and intimidating Hugo" or something to that effect. Has the potential to be very bad, but I'll buy the merch anyways.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Bannertop.jpeg

Archived