Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

I think that's also a difference between 1988 and 2013. Or even perhaps 2002. Teal debuts and no one knew how to deal with it. So they get "close enough."

Sports merchandise soars in the 1990s but it wasn't so precise ... Purple WAS purple back then. Heck, I couldn't even get a blue Cowboys cap to match my blue Cowboys jacket. (And they still haven't figured it out. )

i think the cowboys have a policy if where if they can't decide on the blues and silvers to use, they just use them all.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creole Blue was Creole Blue, which is all well and good for NO, but not for Charlotte. Fans were clamoring for the purple and teal. Thank God they brought it back the correct way. Teal just fits with Purple, no matter how good the Carolina "Light" Blue/Purple look could've been.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

The Creole Blue was better then the greenish teal the N.O. Hornets used when they first moved, but I think the Charlotte teal was the best of the three.

The Teal didn't change despite the move to New Orleans. It was correctly pointed out earlier in this thread that there have been a lot issues with matching the color, and in the early days it was all over the place.

However, it remained the same color (at least as far as color standards go) from Charlotte to New Orleans.

I think part of the reason people think the teal changed in NOLA was because it was almost immediately paired more with yellow than purple/blue, making it appear more greenish by association.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Can someone with the ability to check and see if Teal, Vintage White and Fuschia are the same person?

Ummm....

They clearly aren't.

Teal is a trend setter!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

tomtucker is a poster to watch in 2014. You heard it here first.

no stopping me, once a get a few of these

It'll match your new Hornets swag, too.

indeed...........would be sweet if the two teams swapped rosters too.....we need unibrow / angry bird back in teal and purple

Archived