Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

I honestly just cant like the purple and teal combi. I'm curious to see how teal/purple and Carolina blue look together though.

Edit:

Here's my rough re-color just to give an idea.

5ml2c5.png

That Hornet looks sick and is about to die.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly just cant like the purple and teal combi. I'm curious to see how teal/purple and Carolina blue look together though.

The Hornets can't wear anything other than teal. Otherwise, I believe it will pretty much kill their whole identity.

It's a matter of preference. It just doesn't work for my taste. I'm not a part of the rebranding efforts so yeah.

Now that I've kept looking over and over again I think I'm getting used to the combo. The purple and teal were too strong for me at first but it's something I had to get used to. It's not so bad and i'm not really sure how this will look for real so it could actually be better looking.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

It's a matter of preference. It just doesn't work for my taste. I'm not a part of the rebranding efforts so yeah.

Now that I've kept looking over and over again I think I'm getting used to the combo. The purple and teal were too strong for me at first but it's something I had to get used to. It's not so bad and i'm not really sure how this will look for real so it could actually be better looking.

I much prefer the purple and teal, but that's probably because that's what I'm used to seeing, as that color scheme was introduced in 1988. It's hard to get used to a look that's new to you.

• 2 weeks later...

When they bring back the Hornets, they should redo the old Hornets logo. At least modernize it like they did with the New Orleans Hornets Fleur-de-lis logo. the old Hornets logo looks like he's struggling sitting on his stinger.

Ugh. I cannot believe the story you linked to said "back" in its headline.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Great news for Bobcats/Lolcats fans (damn im gonna miss lolcats name). Now they just need to keep it basic and bring back old colours and jerseys (original Hornets jersey style with same coloured stripes would look great).

Not sure about the logo though, it somehow manages to look outdated and refreshing at the same time..

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Ugh. I cannot believe the story you linked to said "back" in its headline.

Indeed. The Bobcats, if they do change their name to the Hornets, won't be going back to anything.

Edit:

Here's my rough re-color just to give an idea.

5ml2c5.png

That Hornet looks sick and is about to die.

I'm a HUGE fan of a purple/powder blue (or Carolina blue if you insist) combination. I think it works very well.

Now, I think you'd have to re-design the logo, it doesn't look too great when it's a recolor. But the scheme works.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Technically the Hornets haven't used teal for a while, so it wouldn't be a huge change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On the front page of ESPN.com too. Such awesome news.

Not to be a buzzkill (no pun intended), but all three links reference the original CBS report. Having it on SI or ESPN with no independent verification makes it no more legit than the original report was. Now, I believe the CBS report (and am shocked ESPN actually named them in theirs rather than "confirming"), but it's all from Will Brinson's original story, so "it's on ESPN's front page" ultimately means nothing with this particular story. We basically have three links to the same story so far.

/nitpicking

I'd like to see them bring back the old colors with a new logo & new uniforms. Always thought the old Charlotte Hornets logo was cheesy as hell, even when I was a kid.

Also, I hated the purple alts the old Hornets used to wear. Much rather see them wear the 90s throwbacks (whites at home & teals on the road) as an alt instead.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived