Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the nba logo is on the back by the collar

WUT.

f_gallery.jpg

THIS!?! That's worse than OKC using the NBA logo on the wings of their court's floor.

I do love the NOB color / number color contrast here though!

Wordmark on purple and teal shorts is tone on tone:

j_gallery.jpg

o_gallery.jpg

Cool idea, maybe a logo would've been better than a wordmark?

Says CHARLOTTE in white on teh white shorts.

if they have two 2x2 inch ads on the front of the unis where the NBA logo usually is, i'm going to drive to Charlotte and slap someone.

Maybe it'll be an ad for Jordan Brand. ;)

lol, still wouldn't make it okay. i was MAYBE expecting the NBA to add a 2x2 ad to the opposite shoulder on the front that the NBA logo is not on, but two ads would be ludicrous. :(

This is one of my favorite rebranding jobs of all time. I mean, there are always little things you can nitpick to death, put I think from top to bottom this is the best any Charlotte basketball team has looked.

Yep. We're gonna see a bright friggin' yellow McDonalds arch right underneath the collar.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Better than the Suns, but still a new number font, number outline, neck logo, and symmetrical side panel away from being good.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

can someone explain to me why the the charlotte hornets insist on using stripes/pinstripes that aren't purple/teal?

where does this need for carolina blue/green/whatever come from in their team history? it was ugly when grandmama was wearing them, and it's even uglier now that we've supposedly got good sense.

overall, i'm bored by these. i was expecting something cool, but instead got something boring and sorta ugly.

Personally, I'm very disappointed that Jordan didnt bring back the pinstriped look into the design. Also, the lack of colored outlines bordering the numbers just makes the identity look unfinished. If you can have outlines for the name, then continue with the numbers. At least there is no sleeved alts in sight.

Just my 2cents.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

can someone explain to me why the the charlotte hornets insist on using stripes/pinstripes that aren't purple/teal?

where does this need for carolina blue/green/whatever come from in their team history? it was ugly when grandmama was wearing them, and it's even uglier now that we've supposedly got good sense.

overall, i'm bored by these. i was expecting something cool, but instead got something boring and sorta ugly.

The man who originally designed the Hornets uniforms in '88 was a UNC alumni. He was known as a fashion designer for his bold use of mixed colors and striping. The blue was used to honor his alma mater.

The man who owns the team now is a UNC alumni. Maybe it's his way of honoring his school. It also pisses the hell out of Duke & NC State fans, so he may have just done it for laughs.

Personally, I'm very disappointed that Jordan didnt bring back the pinstriped look into the design. Also, the lack of colored outlines bordering the numbers just makes the identity look unfinished. If you can have outlines for the name, then continue with the numbers. At least there is no sleeved alts in sight.

Just my 2cents.

I can live without pinstripes but I wholeheartedly agree with your statement about the lack of number outlines. It seems like most new looks feature either too thin of an outline (Dolphins) or none at all (Stars and Hornets).

Archived