Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why they went through the trouble of obtaining the old Hornets name if they were going to go in a direction that evokes next to nothing about the original franchise - especially the one thing that resonated with most fans (at least nationally), which was the uniforms and logos.

Vet, I love ya, but I don't think you can speak for the fans.

Speaking only for myself, the color scheme alone makes this instantly identifiable as the Hornets.

These are really solid unis. Easily top-ten in the league.

I can see how people would dislike how the stripes are only on one side of the jersey, but I have a feeling that it would look too busy with 4 stripes on each side. Only having the stripes on one side helps with the cleanliness of the uniform.

This just confirms that advertisements on jerseys are coming very soon. I wonder what teams like the Celtics will do with their current upper-back logos.

Paul Lukas: When the Charlotte Hornets unveiled their new uniforms on Thursday morning, many fans noticed a small but telling detail: The NBAs ubiquitous red, white, and blue logo was missing from familiar position on the upper-chest area of the new jerseys.

Instead, it appeared on the back, above the player names.

Now all NBA teams will be wearing the logo on the back for the 2014-15 season, the league confirmed to ESPN.com. A league official called it a stylistic move but declined to comment further.

put it on the front where the nba logo use to be?

This just confirms that advertisements on jerseys are coming very soon. I wonder what teams like the Celtics will do with their current upper-back logos.

Paul Lukas: When the Charlotte Hornets unveiled their new uniforms on Thursday morning, many fans noticed a small but telling detail: The NBAs ubiquitous red, white, and blue logo was missing from familiar position on the upper-chest area of the new jerseys.

Now all NBA teams will be wearing the logo on the back for the 2014-15 season, the league confirmed to ESPN.com. A league official called it a stylistic move but declined to comment further.

Yes, perhaps. Brett Pollakoff of NBC Sports thinks the NBA could use the newly-opened space on the front of the uniform for an additional advertisement, and that the league is moving the NBA logo since it would be a competing visual element on the front of the jersey for an advertisement to contend with.

Finally NBA jerseys fine enough to be buried in.

North Carolina raise up!

like-a-helicopter-o.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is there really only stripes on the left side? I REALLY dislike that. The only time i ever liked that was when Jordan rocked the Wizards jersey, but that might only be because the stripe was skinny and/or because it was Michael Jordan and he could probably make everything look awesome.

I think these look great. If they want throwbacks, they'll wear throwbacks. The colors look good, and the NBA seems close to accepting color vs. color, so the teal is positioned perfectly as a home option.

I've come to prefer less outlines in an HD world, and moving the pinstripes to the side, while not original (Magic), is not a bad touch.

I may be talking myself into this, but the more I look at them, the more I like them.

I think they nailed some things: The stripes on the side panels are a nice homage to/evolution of the originals. I'm actually a big fan of the wordmark/nameplate and numerals being different colors (I think it helps the color balance). They're clean and simple, but absolutely distinct; no other team in the NBA looks like this. I think having the stripes (side panels) on only one side creates a bit of a whimsical/"we're different" feel, in the same way the (jersey-only) pinstripes did on the original uniforms. The Charlotte Hornets unis have always been a little different, and they still are.

I think they whiffed on some things: While I get the reasoning, the teal "Charlotte" uniform should be the primary road. The side-facing, attacking hornet logo should be on all the shorts, and the wordmark logos should be eliminated from the uniforms.

But overall, I really like them. Maybe most importantly, nothing about this makes me think they'll feel the need to do a complete overhaul in 5 or 10 years. With a few tweaks, this one could last a long time. 8/10.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'm not sure why they went through the trouble of obtaining the old Hornets name if they were going to go in a direction that evokes next to nothing about the original franchise - especially the one thing that resonated with most fans (at least nationally), which was the uniforms and logos.

Vet, I love ya, but I don't think you can speak for the fans.

Speaking only for myself, the color scheme alone makes this instantly identifiable as the Hornets.

I agree... these uniforms still look like the Hornets, yet clearly distinguishes them from the previous franchise. In fact, the more I look at these, the more I think they (genuinely) nailed it.

Is there really only stripes on the left side? I REALLY dislike that. The only time i ever liked that was when Jordan rocked the Wizards jersey, but that might only be because the stripe was skinny and/or because it was Michael Jordan and he could probably make everything look awesome.

Have you seen the man dress? Google it and I guarantee you feel different. LOL

I'm surprised by the dislike of the Crown logo. Most of the concepts I've seen posted use it in that spot. After looking at the pics I'm still not a fan of the asymmetric stripes, but I do like that they have an original look without going crazy.

Nice colour contrast, much like the Cavs, the unis a bland but the colors alone make them "pop", no sleeves, nothing overtly offensive about the design, bland yet retain the feel of actual basketball uniforms (unlike, say, the Suns) - 8/10.

Could have been a lot worse. A vast improvement of the Bobcats of old ( 2012-2014 ), those were putrid.

If this is what Nike are capable of, please hand them the rights to outfit the league, Adidas are daft in comparison.

Archived