Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Well, I slept on these, and now I can say...

I like them. I really do. Pictures don't do them justice. Video is really where they shine. I thought the asymmetrical design would bother me, but it doesn't as much as I thought it would. There are some real staying power on these.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threw a few tweaks to them this morning, would the NBA considered these too much like the old uniforms?

1795387_10152259345691429_85890101150700

The teal alternate color, paired with the pinstripes is such a fantastic color combination.

After seeing so much of the purple on the uniforms, I think the focus should be primarily on the teal. The purple is just too "grape" so to say. I think it's too dark, but I understand why the chose it.

I like the ones they went with better. They are a nice modernization of the uniforms above without keeping the exact same design. To me, the pinstripes just clutter the jersey up and make it look more dated. The ones they went with gave homage to the pinstripes by putting them on the side panel and maintaining a clean, modern design.

The new uniforms are boring. How can you make Hornets jerseys without pinstripes? These new ones are cookie cutter modern NBA uniforms.

Find me other NBA uniforms with asymmetrical striping.

Portland.

:)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

One thing I didn't realize yesterday is this; If they went with asymmetry, why didn't they stick a giant logo on other side of the shorts a la Vancouver Grizzlies and 80's Atlanta Hawks?

They already slapped a logo on the stripe side. Another logo would be overkill. The subtle wordmark I think works fine.

Go A's!

I gave the new uniforms a B- because they didn't have the pinstripes.

Now that I look at them again, I give it a A-.

You just can't duplicate the 90's and what they did here makes for a very solid look.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

This is a very anal-retentive thing for me to bring up (just Tweeted this a few days ago), but when referring to specific decades, it's:

'90s or '80s

...NOT:

90's or 80's

The apostrophe goes before the number, not before the 's'.

Carry on.

This is a very anal-retentive thing for me to bring up (just Tweeted this a few days ago), but when referring to specific decades, it's:

'90s or '80s

...NOT:

90's or 80's

Carry on.

Thank you. It's a pet peeve of mine as well. The decade does not possess anything.

If that happens the Hornets are the only team in the NBA that won't be running around with a tacky McDonald's or Papa John's logo and looking hideous.

He'll pay the fee and slap his Jordan Brand Jumpman Logo on his team's uniform.

im sure the nba would only allow advertisers that arent competitors of official nba partners, so I see no jump man logo being allowed.

Jordan Brand owns a race team. The Jumpman logo is used for that and he could designate it as such. There's always a loophole.

If the NBA is gonna put ads on jerseys, then couldn't they just put the Adidas logo on game jerseys? Or whoever manufactures them in thefuture. This way they can be done with that issue. Since the Adidas logo is already on replica and swingman jerseys.

'90s or '80s

...NOT:

90's or 80's

Carry on.

Thank you. It's a pet peeve of mine as well. The decade does not possess anything.
Not true, after the landmark case "The '80s vs Time" was heard before the SCOTUS over true ownership of WHAM!

Who actually came out as the winner of that case is a matter of personal opinion.

'90s or '80s

...NOT:

90's or 80's

Carry on.

You mean, grave accent (`) , not apostrophe ('), right?

Go A's!

Looking at these again, it's the large, no-outline numbers that really kill it for me. That's the big one. I mean, look at the white jersey. Why in the heck would you make the numbers so large, then make them the same color as the thin outline? That wrecks whatever color balance they were trying to achieve.

I now think of these the same way that I think of the Dolphins. It's a solid look, but they dropped the ball on one little thing (lessened orange for the Dolphins, number fail for the Hornets) and it cheapens the whole look.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

'90s or '80s

...NOT:

90's or 80's

Carry on.

Pretty sure a grave accent has to accompany a letter. Apostrophes, like quotes, can be either curved (known as "smart"), like this: ’ or straight like this: '

'90s or '80s

...NOT:

90's or 80's

Carry on.

Pretty sure a grave accent has to accompany a letter. Apostrophes, like quotes, can be either curved (known as "smart"), like this: ’ or straight like this: '

Then what is ` called? Because when you write out a short form of a decade, you use `90s instead of '90s

EDIT: I think it may be called the "single open quote." It's next to the 1 and the TAB button on the keyboard

Go A's!

Archived