Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very anal-retentive thing for me to bring up (just Tweeted this a few days ago), but when referring to specific decades, it's:

'90s or '80s

...NOT:

90's or 80's

The apostrophe goes before the number, not before the 's'.

Carry on.

Who cares, 80's and 90's look better and I will continue to use that if I'm not writing a school paper.

Anyway, I think they look great. I love the relatively simple striping (a lot of modern striping is way too busy).

If that happens the Hornets are the only team in the NBA that won't be running around with a tacky McDonald's or Papa John's logo and looking hideous.

He'll pay the fee and slap his Jordan Brand Jumpman Logo on his team's uniform.

im sure the nba would only allow advertisers that arent competitors of official nba partners, so I see no jump man logo being allowed.
Jordan Brand owns a race team. The Jumpman logo is used for that and he could designate it as such. There's always a loophole.
If the NBA is gonna put ads on jerseys, then couldn't they just put the Adidas logo on game jerseys? Or whoever manufactures them in thefuture. This way they can be done with that issue. Since the Adidas logo is already on replica and swingman jerseys.
then you can´t tell what you are looking at......would piss me off, and the rest of the folks with aut. jerseys

If that happens the Hornets are the only team in the NBA that won't be running around with a tacky McDonald's or Papa John's logo and looking hideous.

im sure the nba would only allow advertisers that arent competitors of official nba partners, so I see no jump man logo being allowed.
Jordan Brand owns a race team. The Jumpman logo is used for that and he could designate it as such. There's always a loophole.
If the NBA is gonna put ads on jerseys, then couldn't they just put the Adidas logo on game jerseys? Or whoever manufactures them in thefuture. This way they can be done with that issue. Since the Adidas logo is already on replica and swingman jerseys.
then you can´t tell what you are looking at......would piss me off, and the rest of the folks with aut. jerseys

That argument doesn't seem to affect the other three sports...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That's an opinion, and I'd wager the minority opinion. To me, it went hand-in-hand with the teal as part of their iconic look. Not many teams from that era (heck, not many teams in the NBA period) even have true iconic looks. The Hornets hit a home run... especially when they ditched the pleats and got longer shorts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's an opinion, and I'd wager the minority opinion. To me, it went hand-in-hand with the teal as part of their iconic look. Not many teams from that era (heck, not many teams in the NBA period) even have true iconic looks. The Hornets hit a home run... especially when they ditched the pleats and got longer shorts.

I'd cosign on everything Vet just said all day,everyday!!

The jerseys are cool but the multi colored pinstripes with the teal/purple is an epic concept. Complimentary colors to two unique and bold colors.

shado_logo.gif

That's an opinion, and I'd wager the minority opinion.

Probably, but I share it. Pinstripes never did it for me on basketball uniforms, but it did work in some cases. The Magic pulled them off the best, and the Pacers made them work aesthetically, even if I didn't care for that particular look for that particular team. The Hornets though? The alternating purple, blue, green and white stripes just looked bad.

The former three colours were close enough to teal to sort of blend in but also stand out, which gave everything a muddy, overly busy look. It also made the lone white pinstripe stick out and add to the visual clutter.

Only Aut. MLB jerseys have the MLB logo in the back

Only Aut. MLB jerseys have the MLB logo in the back

Derp. That wasn't the argument. The argument was putting manufacturer logos on the jersey. Nike, Majestic, and Reebok all have their logos on authentic jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Threw a few tweaks to them this morning, would the NBA considered these too much like the old uniforms?

1795387_10152259345691429_85890101150700

The teal alternate color, paired with the pinstripes is such a fantastic color combination.

After seeing so much of the purple on the uniforms, I think the focus should be primarily on the teal. The purple is just too "grape" so to say. I think it's too dark, but I understand why the chose it.

These are perfect. It would have been too easy for them to have unveiled something like this.

The Hornets though? The alternating purple, blue, green and white stripes just looked bad.

The former three colours were close enough to teal to sort of blend in but also stand out, which gave everything a muddy, overly busy look. It also made the lone white pinstripe stick out and add to the visual clutter.

No White pinstripes - just Light Blue, Royal Blue, Kelly Green and Purple (with Royal Blue trim on the script and numerals):

CharlotteHornets_UNS0101a_2002_SCC_SRGB.

CharlotteHornets_UNS0201a_2002_SCC_SRGB.

Same color pattern existed on the pre-1997-1998 single pinstripe uniforms as well.

The Hornets though? The alternating purple, blue, green and white stripes just looked bad.The former three colours were close enough to teal to sort of blend in but also stand out, which gave everything a muddy, overly busy look. It also made the lone white pinstripe stick out and add to the visual clutter.

No White pinstripes - just Light Blue, Royal Blue, Kelly Green and Purple (with Royal Blue trim on the script and numerals):CharlotteHornets_UNS0101a_2002_SCC_SRGB.CharlotteHornets_UNS0201a_2002_SCC_SRGB.Same color pattern existed on the pre-1997-1998 single pinstripe uniforms as well.

Could we see the rest of your graphics for the original hornets

What was great was that they weren't really pinstripes - not in the same way you think of (like a suit). I'll be honest that back then I didn't realize there were so many different colors used, and in my vision of what they should've done this time around they may have been a little more tame.

I HATED Orlando's expansion pinstripes when they first came out, but really warmed up to them, especially once the rest of the league started moving away from traditional designs and the pinstripes didn't look so outlandish. I really like their current adaptation of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What was great was that they weren't really pinstripes - not in the same way you think of (like a suit). I'll be honest that back then I didn't realize there were so many different colors used, and in my vision of what they should've done this time around they may have been a little more tame.

I HATED Orlando's expansion pinstripes when they first came out, but really warmed up to them, especially once the rest of the league started moving away from traditional designs and the pinstripes didn't look so outlandish. I really like their current adaptation of them.

I remember back in the late-'80s when these were unveiled, that they were actually called "accent" striping...

What was great was that they weren't really pinstripes - not in the same way you think of (like a suit). I'll be honest that back then I didn't realize there were so many different colors used,

Me too! Didnt realize they were different color pinstripes until I was older and when they moved to New Orleans. .sad I know.
shado_logo.gif

Archived