Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

I love the court, but like others, can't stand the Buzz City logo.

Anyone know where this came from? No one around here was saying Buzz City when the original Hornets were here. If it is a nod to the "Bring Back the Buzz" group who helped bring the name back then that would be a good story, but they should at least sell it as that.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know where this came from? No one around here was saying Buzz City when the original Hornets were here. If it is a nod to the "Bring Back the Buzz" group who helped bring the name back then that would be a good story, but they should at least sell it as that.

Those two douchenozzles are actually rather disliked by the team.

Those two douchenozzles are actually rather disliked by the team.

They're a little overbearing.

I just love when teams make the "right" decisions. I was a little disappointed by their logos (lifeless, cold, too sharp. I think they're OKAY) and their uniforms (huge non-outlined numbers, lack pinstripes, asymmetrical striping, teal being the alternate) and even their practice court was a let down (profile hornet at center court), but other than Buzz City logos they knocked this out of the park.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The court's pretty much perfect, considering the crappy logos they have to work with. No unpainted lane or OOB, no two-tone, subtle pattern. It's also good that they went with the primary at midcourt, and not the lopsided C-hornet. The court, the colors, and the update of the classic Hugo are great, but the uniforms and the 27 other logos all need to be throw into a wood chipper.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Looks like my court concept from a few weeks ago wasn't too far off:

Nice job...I actually like this one better. The pattern is a bit more subtle and I could do without "Buzz City".

That said, the real thing is a very sharp and unique court. I like it a lot.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Answering my own question:

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2014/06/charlottehornets-home-court-brings-in-bucks-as.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20charlotte_blog_queencity%20%28Charlotte%20Queen%20City%20Agenda%29&utm_term=%23cltcc%20&page=all

“We think this speaks loudly about our community,” Hornets President Fred Whitfield told me Thursday. “There are certain parts of the court that really pay honor to our community: the crown C, Buzz City, that’s a big nod to our fans who really wanted us to bring the Hornets name back. And our primary logo in the center of the court will depict the way our team will play on the floor. Our fierceness, our tenacity really guarding this home floor. And it was very important to have ‘Charlotte Hornets’ together" at both ends of the court.

Glad they didn't use the charging hornet as many of us feared.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Indeed. The primary's perfect for centre court. Glad they went that way. The profile hornet would have looked awkward.

Having outlines on numbers is starting to look dated

You cannot honestly believe that...

As a graphic designer that is how I see...

Well I may be a common pleb but truth be told I think it looks terrible. Especially when paired with a wordmark that uses outlines.

Archived