Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool parquet design but I bet this has the shelf life of Toronto's unique zig/zag floor.

It was a different era then...teams are more interested in making their floors unique now than they were in the early 1990s. Look at Brooklyn's herringbone design for proof of this.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

cool parquet design but I bet this has the shelf life of Toronto's unique zig/zag floor.

It was a different era then...teams are more interested in making their floors unique now than they were in the early 1990s. Look at Brooklyn's herringbone design for proof of this.

The Raptors' design debuted in 1995-6, the same year the Rockets had the lift-off court, and the Hawks and Hornets had the painted 3-point areas. Plenty of teams wanted unique courts in the 1990s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Charlotte won the draft last night.

Vonleh is still only 18 years old & has potential to be a star. He was projected to go top 5. He's 6'9 with a 7'4 wingspan. Great rebounder & shot blocker who can also shoot the 3 & handle the ball.

Hairston is NBA ready, built like a tank, & is a scoring machine. He can drain 3s but also drive & finish strong. He would've been a lotto pick if not for his off court stuff.

The whole idea of the Buzz City logo bothers me, but also from a design perspective it irks me that CITY doesn't extend to the same edges that BUZZ does and leaves that needless empty space.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The whole idea of the Buzz City logo bothers me, but also from a design perspective it irks me that CITY doesn't extend to the same edges that BUZZ does and leaves that needless empty space.

It's because of the "I" which is narrower than the other characters. Otherwise they would've had to make the characters in CITY wider or increase its tracking, which would have looked inconsistent with the BUZZ above.

They really aren't that big. The outline of the numbers is embossed in a slightly different shade of purple/teal. The colors are also much, much darker in person, especially the teal.

These uniforms look absolutely incredible in person.

They dont have an out line. What you are seeing is the different materials Adidas uses for its numbers, and it causes them to look stupid too.

Archived