Lights Out

Charlotte Hornets?

The numbers don't look overly huge, but they look unfinished. They REALLY need an outline.

Can't disagree more. An outline is totally unneeded there, it looks absolutely perfect the way it is.

The numbers don't look overly huge, but they look unfinished. They REALLY need an outline.

Can't disagree more. An outline is totally unneeded there, it looks absolutely perfect the way it is.

It looks...incomplete...next to the outlined wordmark.

Must respectfully disagree. I don't think they need the exact same treatment. And the numbers look fantastic without one.

I'm impressed that they avoided the trap of too many fussy details. Bold strokes make a good uniform.

Must respectfully disagree. I don't think they need the exact same treatment. And the numbers look fantastic without one.

I'm impressed that they avoided the trap of too many fussy details. Bold strokes make a good uniform.

I agree about bold strokes making a good uniform, but I'm not seeing how a single, bold outline on the numbers would constitute a fussy detail.

I find that when single colored numbers match the outline of the wordmark, at least when it's the darker color and the wordmark the lighter color, it works. Just something about it. Almost makes the wordmark standout against the outline and numbers but not in a bad way. They still seem to tie together nicely. Don't know if it'd be the same if the colors were reversed.

stele, since you're new I'd like to offer a word of advice: it's very bad form to criticize your fellow posters. Tear their *opinions* to shreds, but refrain from any personal comments. It makes this place much more fun for everyone.

I agree about bold strokes making a good uniform, but I'm not seeing how a single, bold outline on the numbers would constitute a fussy detail.
Because it's not needed. The numbers are bold and simple, few serifs, easily seen and easily read. Especially in those bold colors.

The letters in the wordmark are much smaller and less distinct. I understand an outline around those.

would it not look better if "charlotte" was writen in purple ? .......and then maybe add the white outline to both name and numbers ?

No.

Though the teal jersey doesn't look as good to me in general as the home and away, due to not having those spikes on the wordmark.

I really like these... I'm just not sure how I feel about the stripes on one side. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. But I think these are about as good as we could have hoped for.

I will agree they need an outline, and pinstripes too. Right now there's just something phony and amateur about them that bugs me. It's like a stripped down version of a jersey you would find at Walmart. Everything looks ironed on.

I'm not a real big fan of the teal love when it comes to sport's design, but Charlotte hit it out of the park on these

I think adding an outline to the numbers would be a huge mistake. The numbers now are modern, yet legible with enough contrast in color to not warrant an unnecessary white clutter.

The striping pattern on one side is brilliant.

Best uniform/logo redesign I've seen in at least a decade, IMO.

The whole idea of the Buzz City logo bothers me, but also from a design perspective it irks me that CITY doesn't extend to the same edges that BUZZ does and leaves that needless empty space.

It's because of the "I" which is narrower than the other characters. Otherwise they would've had to make the characters in CITY wider or increase its tracking, which would have looked inconsistent with the BUZZ above.

Easy fix. Add extenders to the top and bottom of the I so it's as wide as the other letters.

In other words, use an I like this

The numbers doesn't look that big here:

628x471.jpg

Lets see what #44 looks like. Seems like it would be too wide.

The whole idea of the Buzz City logo bothers me, but also from a design perspective it irks me that CITY doesn't extend to the same edges that BUZZ does and leaves that needless empty space.

It's because of the "I" which is narrower than the other characters. Otherwise they would've had to make the characters in CITY wider or increase its tracking, which would have looked inconsistent with the BUZZ above.

Easy fix. Add extenders to the top and bottom of the I so it's as wide as the other letters.

In other words, use an I like this

That's a solution, indeed. Though, it doesn't bother me the way it is.

The numbers doesn't look that big here:

628x471.jpg

Lets see what #44 looks like. Seems like it would be too wide.

I think it'll look fine. The block 4's of the number fonts the Bulls, Celtics, Spurs or the Knicks use aren't any narrower.

The striping pattern on one side is brilliant.

Could you explain, why you think it is brilliant?

It's not that bad.

vy1d8z.jpg

The number font is very crude. Especially when presented in a single color.