Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone photoshop a white outline around the numbers on the away and alt? Curious to see what it looks like and I have no idea how to/don't have the tools. Thanks in advance if anyone does it

I guarantee you that a white outline (purple and teal unis) and teal outline (home) on the numbers would make it 1000% better.

I'm honestly thinking Adidas is being cheap. (I know Jordan designed it but im sure Adidas made the call on the number outline)

shado_logo.gif

I guarantee you that a white outline (purple and teal unis) and teal outline (home) on the numbers would make it 1000% better.

I'm honestly thinking Adidas is being cheap. (I know Jordan designed it but im sure Adidas made the call on the number outline)

lmao

Can someone photoshop a white outline around the numbers on the away and alt? Curious to see what it looks like and I have no idea how to/don't have the tools. Thanks in advance if anyone does it

Here you are:

17ddt2.jpg

Viola ad oltranza...

Just curious what evidence is leading you to that brilliant conclusion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here you are:

17ddt2.jpg

Jerseys just went from 7/10 to 9/10

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here you are:

17ddt2.jpg

and here's how they'd look if they matched the wordmarks

hornets_zps210df989.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Matching the wordmark looks better if they're going to have outlines.

For the way they did it, sans outline is better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd love to hear it as well. That's two ludicrous assertions in as many sentences.

I'd love to hear it as well. That's two ludicrous assertions in as many sentences.

Yep. The white outlines would merely make it 240% better, but it still wouldn't be all that good of a uniform.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yep. The white outlines would merely make it 240% better, but it still wouldn't be all that good of a uniform.

What made me think of this?

10% opinion and 90% conspiracy theory

Judging what might have been..

17ddt2.jpg

hornets_zps210df989.png

I maybe right

shado_logo.gif

i bet you guys complain about the bears navy jersey with orange numbers with no outlines...

the horror.

If the bears wore stripes with outlines, and a wordmark above it that was Orange with a glaring white outline, then yes. We probably would. :lol:

Its the mix of outlined elements, and single color numerals I think most have an issue with.

i bet you guys complain about the bears navy jersey with orange numbers with no outlines...

the horror.

If the bears wore stripes with outlines, and a wordmark above it that was Orange with a glaring white outline, then yes. We probably would. :lol:

Its the mix of outlined elements, and single color numerals I think most have an issue with.

Men_s%20Nike%20Chicago%20Bears__6%20Jay%

Mens%20Authentic%20Mike%20Singletary%20J

If they were anything more than a throwback alternate, I'd absolutely complain.

Exactly. Big difference. White stripes outlined the orange so numbers should be outlined white/orange. If no outlines on the stripes then ok with no outlined numbers. If it wasn't a throwback id be so mad.

shado_logo.gif

the horror.

Stop taking legitimate complaints regarding your team's new uniforms so personally. Heck, I even said I like them overall. The lack of an outline on the numbers is the one issue I have with these from an aesthetic perspective.

Here you are:

17ddt2.jpg

Thanks man. These look 100x better than what they have! That's my only knock against this whole rebrand (and I guess the "raging" hornet logo but I think that one will grow on me)

For real. If a team supplies a design, it's executed as they provide it as long as the capabilities exist to replicate it. The only difference between single-color and multi-color numerals on a Rev30 jersey is the color of the outer twill layer. The construction is exactly the same no matter if it's a one-, two- or three-color number: a mesh centeral area satin-stitched to a twill perimeter. This is the first example I've seen in the NBA, though, where the twill perimeter is the same color as the number as opposd to the same color as the jersey background (the college jerseys were always like that).

Here you are:

17ddt2.jpg

and here's how they'd look if they matched the wordmarks

hornets_zps210df989.png

Matching the wordmark looks better if they're going to have outlines.

For the way they did it, sans outline is better.

For me, the bottom version is preferable between these two. I don't generally like the flipping of the fill and outline between the elements. I actually prefer the single-color numerals, though, if only because they are more unique and unexpected than treating them with an outline like the lettering. I like mixing single- and multi-colored elements, provided the single color element is the same color as the outline of the multi colored element. If it's the other way around, it looks unfinished to me (picture a a blue number outlined in gold, but just a plain blue name with no outline).

For example, this looks good to me because the weight of the lettering works with the weight of the outline and feels like the proper finishing touch:

james-jersey.jpg

But this feels unfinished, like the lettering is missing the outline. The scale relationship between the trim and the lettering is lost when the colors are flipped:

Lebron-James-Jersey-620x480.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived