Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Uni Watch, "Uni Watch Hornets Redesign Results"

http://espn.go.com/s...edesign-efforts

James MacNeil's has some nice potential there, with the shorts idea.

No teal, no dice. The lack of teal ruins a couple of those ideas. Just as changing the name to Carolina Hornets would defeat the purpose of changing the name back, so too would not bringing back the teal IMO. Those teal jerseys were one of the most popular in the NBA at the time in terms of fans purchasing them. And the entire Bring Back the Buzz campaign has in part been centered around the teal color scheme that is so identified with the name.

http://nba.si.com/20...michael-jordan/

Well paul lukas chose these, right?

Same guy who now has to mention how the redskins name is so wrong every day on his blog, really annoying.

Also, its citi field, not shea stadium, doesn't even resemble it. Also he for some reason thinks purple doesnt belong in sports.

Anyways I hope they stick to teal and purple.

Well paul lukas chose these, right?

Same guy who now has to mention how the redskins name is so wrong every day on his blog, really annoying.

Also, its citi field, not shea stadium, doesn't even resemble it.

Oh is he one of those guys who calls Citi Field "Shea"? I'm all for calling stadiums that had a non-corporate name by their old name (New Comiskey Park, Oakland Coliseum, etc...) but calling a new stadium that's always had a corporate name by the old stadium's name is the sports version of this:

Smiley_Lalalalalala.gif

No teal, no dice. The lack of teal ruins a couple of those ideas. Just as changing the name to Carolina Hornets would defeat the purpose of changing the name back, so too would not bringing back the teal IMO. Those teal jerseys were one of the most popular in the NBA at the time in terms of fans purchasing them. And the entire Bring Back the Buzz campaign has in part been centered around the teal color scheme that is so identified with the name.

The "Back the Buzz" campaign is Carolina blue and anyone who thinks it's teal is fooling themselves.

The "Back the Buzz" campaign is Carolina blue and anyone who thinks it's teal is fooling themselves.

True the actual website is currently blue. But teal is the color of the Hornets, no denying that. Fan reaction on pages, articles, etc... dealing with the topic supports that fact.

I know teal has a litle green in it, but in my opinio any shade of light blude, carolina blue, creole blue, etc would all work in my book. The greenish blue "teal" is a little too 90's of a color even for the Hornets' return. It works for the Sharks because its ocean colored but Im think a light blue and purple color scheme like the New Orleans Hornets used would be a modern take on it and still be accepted by fans

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

True the actual website is currently blue. But teal is the color of the Hornets, no denying that. Fan reaction on pages, articles, etc... dealing with the topic supports that fact.

Yeah, but what do those people actually mean by "teal"?

Yep. Probably 95% of the general public think that the last uniform set used by the N.O. Hornets used Teal (which it did not).

Heck - some people think the Bobcats wear Teal now (!).

I wouldn't hate it if they held onto the color scheme last used by the New Orleans Hornets, even if it's not quite teal. That palette worked great and stood out from the rest of the league, especially the beautiful gold jersey. Would need to replace that with a purple jersey though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Teal, or GTFO! :P

Leave it to Jordan's group to screw up this supposed sure thing :D I'm telling you guys, I could do wonderful things if I manage to win this team from him in a poker game.

Anyway I think I know why they'd go with Carolina blue and purple over teal and purple, aside from Jordan's UNC connection. If they just readopt the original Charlotte Hornets look as it was they'll only sell one set of merchandise. By doing something different with the primary set they can sell that stuff alongside the old "throwback" stuff and sell double the merchandise.

I wouldn't hate it if they held onto the color scheme last used by the New Orleans Hornets, even if it's not quite teal. That palette worked great and stood out from the rest of the league, especially the beautiful gold jersey. Would need to replace that with a purple jersey though.

It wasn't Teal at all; it was Light Blue.

It wasn't Teal at all; it was Light Blue.

Creole Blue if IIRC

Color scheme was unique, but I could also argue that they were somewhat similar to another NBA team:

DenverNuggets_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

NewOrleansHornets_FRC_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Archived