Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't hate it if they held onto the color scheme last used by the New Orleans Hornets, even if it's not quite teal. That palette worked great and stood out from the rest of the league, especially the beautiful gold jersey. Would need to replace that with a purple jersey though.

Color scheme was unique, but I could also argue that they were somewhat similar to another NBA team:

DenverNuggets_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

NewOrleansHornets_FRC_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

When you put it that way they look remarkably similar, but on the court they looked remarkably different. At least to me. Must be all in the saturation.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 4 weeks later...

Has MJ made up his mind going with Carolina Blue & Purple instead of the classic Teal & Purple combo, the whole Charlotte Hornets fandom is built upon? Assuming solely based on the fact that the site (Advertisement & Merchandise via the Jordan Brand "Buzz City" Jacket) are rendered in those colors... It's not a bad look but its definitely not what a "Traditional" Charlotte Hornet fan is hoping for... What do you guys think???

http://www.backbuzzcity.com

Has MJ made up his mind going with Carolina Blue & Purple instead of the classic Teal & Purple combo, the whole Charlotte Hornets fandom is built upon? Assuming solely based on the fact that the site (Advertisement & Merchandise via the Jordan Brand "Buzz City" Jacket) are rendered in those colors... It's not a bad look but its definitely not what a "Traditional" Charlotte Hornet fan is hoping for... What do you guys think???

http://www.backbuzzcity.com

As a Hornets fan of some 20+ years, I'd be more than happy with the colours on that site.

I think it will be close enough if they go with purple and Carolina blue. Honestly, the final New Orleans Hornets uniforms still looked and felt like the Hornets, even though teal wasn't a part of it. Plus they could always use Carolina blue and call it teal (the reverse of the Mariners' teal and Northwest Green. It will sell, and so will the "darker" teal throwbacks. Can't kill that market, so you knew they'd be somewhat different.

That's pretty lame. The Pelicans name change was announced in January. Charlotte should have gotten things in motion back then.

Who says they didn't?

Apparently MJ's been trying to get the name back since he took over as owner, and one of the conditions of Benson taking over at N.O. was the Hornets name going back to Charlotte should they decide to rebrand, so it's safe to say that this has been in the works for a while.

That's pretty lame. The Pelicans name change was announced in January. Charlotte should have gotten things in motion back then.

Who says they didn't?

Surely they've had enough time to manufacture new apparel. Not my team, so not my loss. Just seems like someone dropped the ball here.

Who says they didn't?

Surely they've had enough time to manufacture new apparel. Not my team, so not my loss. Just seems like someone dropped the ball here.

The logistics of changing the brand of a multi-million dollar national organization are incredibly hard and take a lot of time. Look no further then all the Pepsi machines and trucks that still use the old logo, years after they've re-branded. And for sports teams it's even worse, you have to factor in merchandise designs, merchandise distribution, media, advertisements, sponsorships, and all that jazz. Plus the legal stuff on top of that.

There's a reason the Pelicans announced their change half way through the season.

jNTsTyQ.png

Who says they didn't?

But there's also the court, the arena signage, the uniforms, the polo shirts, the letterheads, the business cards, etc, etc, etc.

And don't call me Shirley.

Who says they didn't?

Apparently MJ's been trying to get the name back since he took over as owner, and one of the conditions of Benson taking over at N.O. was the Hornets name going back to Charlotte should they decide to rebrand, so it's safe to say that this has been in the works for a while.

You'd think MJ would've had the foresight to orchestrate a 3 way trade and get the Jazz back to its rightnful home in NoLa.

Who says they didn't?

You'd think MJ would've had the foresight to orchestrate a 3 way trade and get the Jazz back to its rightnful home in NoLa.

No, just... no.

Archived