Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Well I don't think the players will have a say to be honest... It's a league and Adidas decision.

Remember the "new basketballs?"

Except multiple teams and players used that new ball and THEN criticized it.

The only team that has worn sleeves to date was the Golden State Warriors, where they had one bad game and Steph Curry acted like a baby about it. Until I see more games played with sleeves, I'm not going to count it out.

Players complained during summer league too, most notably Roy Hibbert.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I heard that the primary reason behind the sleeve jersey design was to sell more jerseys (shocker). I guess they did studies that revealed that fans are more likely to purchase an expensive team jersey with sleeves on it as opposed to one without them due to a number of obvious reasons, one being the fact that they would feel less comfortable wearing a sleeveless jersey around in public. Judging by the average waistline of most "healthy" Americans I can definitely see why. Most fans wear T-shirts UNDER the NBA jerseys anyway so why not combine the two and make it even? I thought that sleeved jerseys looked odd on the court when I would watch an NBA or college game until I realized that about 3/4 of the people I've ever played a pickup game against at the gym were wearing a T-shirt of some kind and they performed just fine; no one thought anything of it and it seemed normal. So why is it any different when its in the NBA???

I thought I heard that the primary reason behind the sleeve jersey design was to sell more jerseys (shocker). I guess they did studies that revealed that fans are more likely to purchase an expensive team jersey with sleeves on it as opposed to one without them due to a number of obvious reasons, one being the fact that they would feel less comfortable wearing a sleeveless jersey around in public. Judging by the average waistline of most "healthy" Americans I can definitely see why. Most fans wear T-shirts UNDER the NBA jerseys anyway so why not combine the two and make it even? I thought that sleeved jerseys looked odd on the court when I would watch an NBA or college game until I realized that about 3/4 of the people I've ever played a pickup game against at the gym were wearing a T-shirt of some kind and they performed just fine; no one thought anything of it and it seemed normal. So why is it any different when its in the NBA???

because the sleeves on the nba jerseys fit tight like a compression shirt and are more restrictive than if they had the tank top jerseys, and most of your people you are playing pick up with are wearing t shirts because that is all they brought, because thats just what it is a pick up game.

When do you guys think we will see the updated logo?

Initial rumors were around December.

That would be awesome, I was thinking around April. Is that not when the Pelicans unveiled their logo?

The logo leaked in late December, but the official unveiling was late January. I'd imagine Jordan wants the identity out there as soon as possible - more time to sell merch that way...

I know I'll be buying at least a t-shirt the first day they're available. Most of my original Hornets shirts are pretty threadbare by now...

I posted this in the regular NBA thread, but I guess it's just as appropriate here - this is what the Hornets should take inspiration from for the new unis. Nothing fancy or too modern that'll just look dated in a few years, just nice and simple like the originals...

HornetsReplica.jpg

So 10-20 years down the road when the Hornets have the inevitable throwback/retro/whatever you want to call it nights, will they throw back to Bobcats jerseys or the original Hornets unis?

Do you think the Bobcats will just be unofficially erased from memory? I mean, what's there to remember? Making the playoffs once and getting annihilated once getting there?

sig.png

Conrad, the only thing I'd change about your logo is the mouth - either a grin or a grimace would be better, right now it just looks like the hornet is staring in dull surprise...

lol, fair point. all i did was take the old Charlotte Hornets mouth and transpose it on the Nola Hornets body. to me, the grin from that one is too cartoony.

Archived