Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Conrad, the only thing I'd change about your logo is the mouth - either a grin or a grimace would be better, right now it just looks like the hornet is staring in dull surprise...

We don't need a happy bee. Sports mascots should look intense and angry.

I'm sure their play will make him grimace. A grimacing mascot just opens up the jokes about their team. :D

87Redskins.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...With a modern touch, just like what the Wizards did that resulted in them having one of the best if not the best set in the league.

LOLWUTPEAR.jpg

Yeah I got a chuckle out of that to. Wizards having one of the best sets in the league? Pfft. He must be trippin'. B)

Completely serious. In the same way that the Cavs have the most terrible set in the league. Opinions, have you heard of them? No?

I thought I heard that the primary reason behind the sleeve jersey design was to sell more jerseys (shocker). I guess they did studies that revealed that fans are more likely to purchase an expensive team jersey with sleeves on it as opposed to one without them due to a number of obvious reasons, one being the fact that they would feel less comfortable wearing a sleeveless jersey around in public. Judging by the average waistline of most "healthy" Americans I can definitely see why. Most fans wear T-shirts UNDER the NBA jerseys anyway so why not combine the two and make it even? I thought that sleeved jerseys looked odd on the court when I would watch an NBA or college game until I realized that about 3/4 of the people I've ever played a pickup game against at the gym were wearing a T-shirt of some kind and they performed just fine; no one thought anything of it and it seemed normal. So why is it any different when its in the NBA???

If most fans wear t-shirts under NBA jerseys wouldn't teams rather have a fan buy a jersey and a licensed t-shirt to wear under it?

We don't need a happy bee. Sports mascots should look intense and angry.

They don't have to be. This isn't 1995. The Bucks have a classy animal logo that doesn't look angry or intense. When they did try and incorporate an angry buck we were treated to their gradient-filled mess of a 3rd.

why would a fan buy a licensed t to wear under it when they could just use a t they already have?

Well they wouldn't be wearing it exclusively under the jersey. Even if 1 out of 10 fans buys a t-shirt to go with their jersey the team is making money. Besides, uniform freaks like us would go crazy if we weren't wearing the official team colours underneath.

• 1 month later...

I received an email from the Hornets (Bobcats) and in it they keep referring to "purple and teal" rather than the other way around. I sure hope purple is not the primary color. Conrad's colors have purple first. That worries me.

probably just sounds better, teal and purple doesn't flow as well

I received an email from the Hornets (Bobcats) and in it they keep referring to "purple and teal" rather than the other way around. I sure hope purple is not the primary color. Conrad's colors have purple first. That worries me.

I'm sure they will be in both jerseys next season. Look at the Suns, re-branded this season and they have 4 new jerseys.

Jaguars

I'm sure they will be in both jerseys next season. Look at the Suns, re-branded this season and they have 4 new jerseys.

they have 3, white, purple, and orange sleeves, one offs don't count.

Archived