Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Just found out about the name change. It's all falling into place...

Now Toronto can take the Bobcats, Los Angeles takes the Raptors, Minnesota takes the Lakers, Utah take the Timberwolves and New Orleans becomes the Jazz once more...

:mojoto:

Hate to even give this any response .. because every time I hear these name trades I want to throw something hard at my computer monitor ... but out of curiosity why would Lakers get Raptors?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an email from the Hornets (Bobcats) and in it they keep referring to "purple and teal" rather than the other way around. I sure hope purple is not the primary color. Conrad's colors have purple first. That worries me.

I'm sure they will be in both jerseys next season. Look at the Suns, re-branded this season and they have 4 new jerseys.
they have 3, white, purple, and orange sleeves, one offs don't count.
Teal is right they have 4.. you forgot Latin Night , the black LOS SUNS ...thank you

Can you not read? One-offs don't (which the Latin Night is) don't count.

Latin night doesn't count as a one off for me since but a regular jersey since its BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS..and my team Chicago has had it every year for more than 4years. If it was a like a Chinese New year/military night then yea.but whatever you say tomato I say potato

Now as for other team name change...STOP THIS!! Hornets only was able to do what New Orleans, or Minnesota wasn't able to do and keep the identity franchise from their location because New Orleans was changing their name and Hornets was kinda new to the area and freed up the name .

shado_logo.gif

Just found out about the name change. It's all falling into place...

Now Toronto can take the Bobcats, Los Angeles takes the Raptors, Minnesota takes the Lakers, Utah take the Timberwolves and New Orleans becomes the Jazz once more...

:mojoto:

Just get rid of official nicknames already. Be Toronto or Los Angeles or Minnesota. That way when the team moves there's no debate as to if the team should keep the name or leave it with the city.

Although you'd probably still have to deal with if a team in, say, Los Angeles moved to Anaheim, and then the team tried to keep the Los Angeles name even though they did not play in Los Angeles anymore.

Is there any possibility of them having a brightish teal home primary? How cool would that be?

Primary home uniforms have to be white.

Lakers.....

They are grandfathered. Everyone else has to wear white at home.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Will the new Charlotte Hornets be able to wear the retores, or does that still belong to the Pelicans? I remember an old NBA Live game where I played a Charlotte Bobcats vs. New Orleans Hornets and I had the N.O. Hornets wear the teal Charlotte throwback, that was interesting!

spacer.png

Is there any possibility of them having a brightish teal home primary? How cool would that be?

Primary home uniforms have to be white.

Humbug.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm still bitter over the fact that New Orleans ditched one of the best identities in the league for a generic, half-assed "local" mess.

Liking what I'm hearing about the Charlotte Hornets II so far, though.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Charlotte Hornets guys. McCall was clearly referencing the NBA.

I'm hoping all the color on color matchups lead to more teams being allowed to wear gold as a primary. No reason it should be Lakers-only. Also powder and other light colors. In fact, a soccer-style primary and clash kit style would work fine in the NBA, IMO.

But I do agree in the color vs color only with yellow/gold(IND,LA,DEN),powder blue(LAC) or silver(Spurs) home uniforms. It would be could if the hornets used a light Carolina blue home alt..I'm sure Conrad can whip up a good concept of it with teal as an accent/pinstripe color. Cheap request :)

shado_logo.gif

I once knew, but does anyone recall why the hornets original jerseys had a green, blue, light blue, and teal/purple stripes as pinstripes. Did it have to do with the local college teams (UNC, Duke, Wake)? Ive been looking all over and can't seem to find the correct answer.

Miami.png

Charlotte Hornets guys. McCall was clearly referencing the NBA.

I'm hoping all the color on color matchups lead to more teams being allowed to wear gold as a primary. No reason it should be Lakers-only. Also powder and other light colors. In fact, a soccer-style primary and clash kit style would work fine in the NBA, IMO.

Sigh. No, a soccer-style anything sucks. Soccer blows. Please stop suggesting that other sports do anything to copy soccer, unless those sports are overseas and trying to appeal to soccer fans, such as with the former NFL Europe.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Sigh. No, a soccer-style anything sucks. Soccer blows. Please stop suggesting that other sports do anything to copy soccer, unless those sports are overseas and trying to appeal to soccer fans, such as with the former NFL Europe.

3894309921_51ea0411db_z.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I once knew, but does anyone recall why the hornets original jerseys had a green, blue, light blue, and teal/purple stripes as pinstripes. Did it have to do with the local college teams (UNC, Duke, Wake)? Ive been looking all over and can't seem to find the correct answer.

I don't believe that there was a symbolic motivation there. The original Hornets' uniforms were designed by local, second-generation haberdasher Alexander Julian (before he sold out big-time to mass market interests). At the time, his menswear line, Colors, was rather popular and many of his pieces - naturally - incorporated a variety of accent stripes or fibers in varying hues. Oh . . . . the 80s.

Archived