Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Fingers crossed for Carolina blue alt)

It's not in their color profile. They have a "Light Blue" but not Carolina Blue like the Bobcats.

It looks like they're going to use a Light Blue for pinstripes - it's the same color they previously used (when it was combined with Royal Blue, Purple, and Kelly Green pinstripes).

(Fingers crossed for Carolina blue alt)

It's not in their color profile. They have a "Light Blue" but not Carolina Blue like the Bobcats.

It looks like they're going to use a Light Blue for pinstripes - it's the same color they previously used (when it was combined with Royal Blue, Purple, and Kelly Green pinstripes).

Thanks for the clarification. I figured it was going to be that way, with the way they've been pushing Purple and Teal it's in my opinion a foregone conclusion as to what their branding will be for jerseys.

Charlotte is in North Carolina, MJ, Carolina Panthers, university blue aka Carolina blue in retail is highly popular cause it's cool and it wouldn't be as left field as OKC navy alternate

the panthers don't use carolina blue, it's a much brighter color, and i don't feel every team needs that color for a jersey, it would be like playing UNC dress up which i don't feel would look good with the purple and teal anyways

Charlotte is in North Carolina, MJ, Carolina Panthers, university blue aka Carolina blue in retail is highly popular cause it's cool and it wouldn't be as left field as OKC navy alternate

I wouldnt call that jersey color, "Left-field" at all. OKC utilizes Navy Blue in comparison to the Hornets who do not/will not use Carolina Blue, nor will they utilize the Light Blue in their set for anything more than replacing the Kelly Green in their pinstriping.

the panthers don't use carolina blue, it's a much brighter color, and i don't feel every team needs that color for a jersey, it would be like playing UNC dress up which i don't feel would look good with the purple and teal anyways

Correct, the Panthers do not wear the same baby blue that UNC wears. Their color is an electric blue or "process" blue.

The original Hornets had baby blue stripes on their uniforms (also had green and dark blue stripes) and I hope this is all that color is used for with the Hornets moving forward. If they want to be the Tarheels and have baby blue alternates, move the team to Chapel Hill.

White Home, Teal Road, and Purple Alt is what they should do.

72490_05_lg.jpg?width=84&height=84&crop=

http://www.100percentauthentic.com/Certificates/Details/Baron-Davis-Game-Worn-Charlotte-Hornets-Rookie-Jersey-Autographed-w-Bobby-Phills-Patch-72490/72490

http://www.gamewornuniformsauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=450

102912-1350795824.JPG

I bring this up now and then, but the original Hornets uniforms (and continued on with the 1998 modifications) used ROYAL BLUE trim on the script and numerals. Especially on the original uniforms, Purple was a pinstripe/trim/logo color only.

Here are the uniform scripts from the 2002 uniforms:

CharlotteHornets_UNS0101a_2002_SCC_SRGB.

CharlotteHornets_UNS0201a_2002_SCC_SRGB.

Note the pinstripe colors were - from left-to-right - Light Blue, Royal Blue, Kelly Green, Purple. Royal Blue trim on the lettering.

Love the old stripes. I have a Mitchell & Ness "Authentic" Larry Johnson jersey, and they look great. But it would've been (and I'm sure will be) better IMO with purple on the outlines instead of the royal.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

That's exactly what I was referring thanks Color Werx.. light blue from the pin stripes. Same with green. Carolina or light blue used in Hornets could be a subtle tribute to anything of the above, MJ. .etc.

excuse me once I posted that I realized Panthers blue is more electric I know but similar. OKC uses Navy and a plethora of colors but their alt was just navy and white. Thus left field. Hornets technical lyrics uses light blue so an alt wouldn't be too far off

shado_logo.gif

I honestly wouldn't necessarily dislike a Carolina blue alt (and for all intents and purposes, it is basically a Carolina blue), but I'd be more shocked to see that than I would a Cool Gray, or even black alt.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

I'm putting together yet another comparison of the various Light Blue/Columbia Blue/Carolina Blue/etc. shades...I should probably create a sticky thread for this...comes up all the time.

That - along with an Aqua/Teal comparison.

I'm putting together yet another comparison of the various Light Blue/Columbia Blue/Carolina Blue/etc. shades...I should probably create a sticky thread for this...comes up all the time.

That - along with an Aqua/Teal comparison.

That'd be fantastic. I've always had an itch to see royal blues compared as well.

Archived