Lights Out

Charlotte Hornets?

Not my concept, but if the colors were the new ones they announced, would you be apposed to this look? I don't think I'd like it too much, but it seems like the most accurate to what they've described for the new logo (muscular, updated, etc...).

The shade of Teal that will be used by the "new" Hornets is the same one they originally used:

CharlotteHornetsTeal_2002_SCC_SRGB.png

I hope they use this shade of teal.

The shade of Teal that will be used by the "new" Hornets is the same one they originally used:

He just said that's the one their gonna use. Reading comprehension, its great.

The above argument is the reason why the Hornets made a decision to find and stick to ONE PARTICULAR SHADE of teal. Because back in the 90's there were so many different variations.

No they didn't. They only used one.

The above argument is the reason why the Hornets made a decision to find and stick to ONE PARTICULAR SHADE of teal. Because back in the 90's there were so many different variations.

But the team president was quoted as saying that on the merchandise from the original tenure of the Charlotte Hornets namesake, there was a multitude of teals. Supposedly part of the reason they went with the particular shade they chose is that it is the most easily replicated on multiple materials. So, yes, they had one official "Pantone" color, but had multiple "teals" and "turquoises" on their various merchandise. Sort of like Carolina Blue. The university has Carolina Blue, the store down the street has Light Carolina Blue, Nike has "Pro Combat" Carolina Blue, Walmart has "faded glory" Carolina Blue... and so on. You get the point.

P.S. And as far as the Carolina Blue thing goes, from a fan whose conscious about these sorts of things, it's a nightmare. Luckily Nike seems to have standardized it's shade of the color between itself and the Jordan Brand, making it at least a bit easier to match.

But the team president was quoted as saying that on the merchandise from the original tenure of the Charlotte Hornets namesake, there was a multitude of teals. Supposedly part of the reason they went with the particular shade they chose is that it is the most easily replicated on multiple materials. So, yes, they had one official "Pantone" color, but had multiple "teals" and "turquoises" on their various merchandise. Sort of like Carolina Blue. The university has Carolina Blue, the store down the street has Light Carolina Blue, Nike has "Pro Combat" Carolina Blue, Walmart has "faded glory" Carolina Blue... and so on. You get the point.

P.S. And as far as the Carolina Blue thing goes, from a fan whose conscious about these sorts of things, it's a nightmare. Luckily Nike seems to have standardized it's shade of the color between itself and the Jordan Brand, making it at least a bit easier to match.

i think that they were talking about recent venders like mitchel and ness, 47, new era ect. that have tried to replicate the original teal color and have come up with a bunch of different colors, not the original hornets that used one shade of teal their entire existence

Same thing basically.We all agree. Between the Pantone teal and the million variations between vendors exactly! No color continuity between the two. As much as I love the teal they are going with(Pantone), I wished they would have went with a different shade of teal. Save the original color scheme for retro night. Just deviate just a Lil bit but not completely. Just my opinion. Cause if the Hornets pull a Brooklyn/Phoenix ..it's gonna riot time. Either way I'm all for risks(see A A Concepts). If they don't work they have a decent/perfect uniform foundation (see Conrad concepts). Sry for rant.

He just said that's the one their gonna use. Reading comprehension, its great.

Well this is what the Franchise has shown us:

2di14y1.jpg

Would you regard the above images as the same? No, that is why I said I hope they use the original shade of teal which is more of a green tone.

Actually I love the above teal color in that "Paint this town" picture..Please less green and a more blue - is teal works better. But according to the big wigs here that's the same color :-/

Actually I love the above teal color in that "Paint this town" picture..Please less green and a more blue - is teal works better. But according to the big wigs here that's the same color :-/

Teal is more green than blue, or at least its supposed to be.

Who cares what color it's suppose to be as long as it looks good, the second picture is brighter which is why i like it, it's also closer to the Mitchell and mess hat i got

No - Teal is more Blue than Green, Aqua is more Green than Blue.

Here's the textile color that the Hornets previously used - if it didn't match this, it wasn't a good match:

PTX_17-4735_TCX_SRGB.png

True thanks Color Werx for the clarification. .I Agree I Only Care as long as the uniform looks good but a particular shade or color makes things pop for me.

Courtesy of the Charlotte Observer:

Just getting the right shades of teal and purple was a chore involving the Bobcats, the NBA office and the hundreds of companies that sell NBA-licensed apparel. Bobcats management rounded up old Hornets gear and saw eight variations on what was then called teal. That won’t cut it in 2013.

“We needed to establish one shade of teal, so that 400 (licensees) could all provide the same color products. We worked so closely with the NBA to establish a color that could be reproduced on any product and taken to retail,” Whitfield said.

“If you look at the purples in the NBA, there are three or four different shades. We had to meet as a group, get our owner involved and say, ‘What shade of purple?’ Because it’s not all just purple.”

2014-15-Charlotte-Hornets-Official-Color

I think that's also a difference between 1988 and 2013. Or even perhaps 2002. Teal debuts and no one knew how to deal with it. So they get "close enough."

Sports merchandise soars in the 1990s but it wasn't so precise ... Purple WAS purple back then. Heck, I couldn't even get a blue Cowboys cap to match my blue Cowboys jacket. (And they still haven't figured it out. )

damm, that´s a very dark purple , isn´t it ?

Same one the N.O. Hornets used to use. Same one the Suns use now.