Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

I have no nostalgia (hell, I was born the year after the decade that made it popular) for it, it's just a logo that is miles better then the current.

The admiral said it best, then logo looks like a minor-league team.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damm....i am really curious to see if their jerseys will say charlotte or hornets , or one of each

Obviously this is completely factless speculation, but I would guess both jerseys will say CHARLOTTE. More teams are leaning towards putting the city on their jerseys instead of the nickname, and the original Hornets had the city on both the home and roads to begin with.

yes, strange that some teams have the teamname on both home and away (Bulls) and some have city (New York) on both...........i wonder who makes the decision and why

Yeah, and it's just the kind of sad-sack noise you'd expect from a low-level operation like the Bucks. "Our doors are rusted! Our windows leak!" Replace your doors and caulk your windows, numbnuts. You sound less like a team trying to get out of Milwaukee and more like a dad trying to get out of going to Lowe's.

well when you are paying to use the arena, you expect it to be in good condition, and not the ish hole they play in
I've watched the Admirals at the Bradley Center. Seems like a good place, the amenities were nice, despite a somewhat spartan appearance that's a product of the time it was built. But I guess since it doesn't include private elevators and glory hole stations for every corporate suite, it's basically Old Comiskey circa 1989.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is it possible for the Hornets to wear teal uniforms at home, purple on the road, and white on Sunday or special games? Or is wearing color at home regularly only for Lakers.

Yellow is the only color that will ever get a bye. Or maybe something off-white would get a bye too, but nothing more.

Is it possible for the Hornets to wear teal uniforms at home, purple on the road, and white on Sunday or special games? Or is wearing color at home regularly only for Lakers.

The Lakers are the only team that can "officially" designate a color uniform for home games, but i'm sure the hornets can wear a colored alternate at home a few times per season like the heat and knicks are doing this year.

Yellow is the only color that will ever get a bye. Or maybe something off-white would get a bye too, but nothing more.

Not a matter of color. Primary home uniforms have to be white.

damm....i am really curious to see if their jerseys will say charlotte or hornets , or one of each

Obviously this is completely factless speculation, but I would guess both jerseys will say CHARLOTTE. More teams are leaning towards putting the city on their jerseys instead of the nickname, and the original Hornets had the city on both the home and roads to begin with.

yes, strange that some teams have the teamname on both home and away (Bulls) and some have city (New York) on both...........i wonder who makes the decision and why

I think that it comes down to a number of factors that depend on the team. I know the Knicks wear "NEW YORK" on both the home and road jerseys out of a sense of tradition. The Nets and Pelicans both went with city names on both jerseys out of a desire to emphasize the location aspect of their brands (the Nets being the first pro team in Brooklyn since the Dodgers, and the Hornets re-branding to the Pelicans specifically so they can tie the team name into the locale). The Bulls going with "BULLS" on the home and road jerseys may have started off as an aesthetic choice, but I think it's become tradition by this point. The Raptors dropped "TORONTO" from their road jerseys in an effort to appeal to the rest of Canada.

Not a matter of color. Primary home uniforms have] to be white.

I always thought the Lakers were given permission to use yellow at home because yellow is a light color that contrasts well with any other darker color. So you're telling me that if they wanted to, the Lakers could use black as their home jerseys, and purple or anything else on the road? Really?

No. The Lakers are the exception. They get to were yellow/gold at home. Everyone else has to designate a white uniform as their official home uniform. So no. The Hornets would have to have a white home uniform. I'm sure we'll end up seeing home, road, alternate, throwback home, and throwback alternate soon enough though. And that's if we're lucky.

Expect a sleeved teal monstrosity with a chrome Hugo on the chest soon enough.

This kind of feels like when Creighton redid their logo, everybody was raving OMG BEST BLUE JAY LOGO EVAH, and I was just kind of like, "Okay. It's decent."

I would've preferred an updated angry Hugo, like the modernization posted earlier. That would be an instant best logo in the NBA.

So basically putting their wordmark and their secondary logo together like this?

...and considering they're playing right this minute, who's ready to see this matchup next year:

charlottefinalboardhugo2_zpsef07e5b8.png

More of like this.

That's fine if that's what you would have preferred, but the fact is they couldn't simply do that kind of update because the NBA felt it would be too close to the original logo, which they want to preserve for their Hardwood Classic merchandise. The Hugo we got was as close as the NBA would let the team get to the original logo.

Also Carolina Hornets would sound even better than Charlotte Hornets.

I think Charlotte works much better, as Charlotte has two syllables, just like Hornets. It's good balance. Much the same way Denver Nuggets works better than Colorado Nuggets.

Plus, the Hornets nickname refers specifically to the nickname for the city of Charlotte as the Hornet's Nest. Carolina Hornets makes no sense.

I think Charlotte works much better, as Charlotte has two syllables, just like Hornets. It's good balance. Much the same way Denver Nuggets works better than Colorado Nuggets.

Plus, the Hornets nickname refers specifically to the nickname for the city of Charlotte as the Hornet's Nest. Carolina Hornets makes no sense.

The Revolutionary War thing always struck me as odd, seeing as the city's still named after the wife of King George III.

Hello, if someone could post into this thread, or send to me via PM, the new Charlotte Hornets wordmark, the new primary logo, the secondary logo with the "H" on the chest, and the full body Hugo logo, each in at least 1000 pxls tall and png format with transparent background, I would be greatly appreciative. All the ones I have been able to locate are much smaller than this and pixelate when I try to enlarge them for computer wallpaper. Thanks in advance.

Man can we stop with this wish the home colors were xyz and not white. Charlotte is not wearing teal at home, Denver and Cleveland isn't wearing gold permanently. .etc.. Lakers for the final time are GRANDFATHERED in! Sry. Im just glad they at least allow teams to wear alts at home as much as they have been allowed to.

shado_logo.gif

Man can we stop with this wish the home colors were xyz and not white. Charlotte is not wearing teal at home, Denver and Cleveland isn't wearing gold permanently. .etc.. Lakers for the final time are GRANDFATHERED in! Sry. Im just glad they at least allow teams to wear alts at home as much as they have been allowed to.

Well said.

Jaguars

The Revolutionary War thing always struck me as odd, seeing as the city's still named after the wife of King George III.

Eh, not as odd as the New ENGLAND Patriots.

Archived