Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Lights Out said that the Sixers tweaked the font and added the city name; but I am pretty sure that the circular logo on the floor of their arena is the same as the one they used in the 80s. And I am absolutely certain that it is presented there without the city name.)

It's slight, but there is a difference - just look at the "6" in the classic logo compared to the current one.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Maybe it has to do with whether the logo was developed or commissioned by NBA Properties or not? That sixers stuff is pretty old.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hello, if someone could post into this thread, or send to me via PM, the new Charlotte Hornets wordmark, the new primary logo, the secondary logo with the "H" on the chest, and the full body Hugo logo, each in at least 1000 pxls tall and png format with transparent background, I would be greatly appreciative. All the ones I have been able to locate are much smaller than this and pixelate when I try to enlarge them for computer wallpaper. Thanks in advance.

As big as I could find on google-

http://www.csnnw.com/sites/csnnw/files/screen_shot_2013-12-22_at_9.47.59_am.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/414943850759593986/QgnO-IRK.jpeg

http://hoopdiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Primary_Hugo.png

http://hoopdiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Primary_Word_Mark.png

I'm not sure if they all have transparent backgrounds or not, but you should be able to make them that way.

Thanks for posting these links. All are in nice large size and have transparent backgrounds, except the "partial primary logo" version, so this was very helpful. I appreciate the assistance.

If anyone has or knows of a source for a large size of the "partial primary logo" with a transparent background, please post. Thanks!

Called it!

I thought if he could make a wallpaper he could make a background transparent.

The connection has been felt for years. Not necessarily to players, but to the name, the franchise, and the (early) good memories. Charlotteans never fell out of love with the 'Bugs... it was George Shinn whom they despised. Now with him gone (he's a vocal support of this whole thing btw) we in the Queen City get a chance to regain some of our heritage... So yes, in a sense that organization has moved on. But the spirit of Hornet Nation and the city's deep-rooted, historical connection with the name runs strong. We don't give two craps what NOLA does or did. We care what happened in OUR city. That's the best way I know how to describe it.

(Please don't let this become another lesson in revisionist history etc. we've already done that at least once in this thread)

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Charlotteans

Hmm. I would've thought it was "Charlotors". Shows what I know.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

(Please don't let this become another lesson in revisionist history etc. we've already done that at least once in this thread)

You can't bring up your side of an argument and then tell everyone else not to engage in the discussion you're bringing up. There are those that agree with you and those that disagree with you. I happen to belong to the latter group. I sense I haven't changed your mind, and you haven't changed mind. That being said, the Bobcats will become the Hornets. That's the reality of the situation we've found ourselves in. If you don't want to have the revisionist history discussion again then simply stop bringing up your side of that argument.

Well...yeah.

The logos have been unveiled. Everyone who's going to give their $0.02 already has. The uniforms won't be unveiled for months. What else is there to talk about? At least talking about city names keeps the thread active.

Geez what have I started here. I only wanted Carolina as the prefix because it would give the team appeal all around the Carolinas and match up with the Panthers and Hurricanes prefixes.

But now I started a discussion about Queen's , England and someone mentioned eating an apple with an orange while ink was still drying or something!

When the Bobcats were forced upon us in CHARLOTTE, a new Arena was built for them using CHARLOTTE tax dollars. When naming the Bobcats, it was required by the City of CHARLOTTE, that the team name had to be CHARLOTTE instead of Carolina.

I would also expect to see CHARLOTTE on all uniforms like the original Charlotte Hornets.

Archived