Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and the Nets' whole identity blows goats (I have proof).

wt1ILR1.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well, somebody's got to love the 90s. ;)

A team established in 2004 should not have just 2 colors on their jersey

1891_brooklyn_nets-home-2013.gif

Still love that uniform. Gorgeous, and perfect for them. If only they had changed the silly name they'd be tops in the association.
Yeah. People try to use it as a fact that single/2-color identities don't work in today's NBA, but user it as the opposite. I think it shows they can because that's a solid uniform set.

You can be creative and appropriately progressive without going overboard. Everything doesn't have to be so black and white. The crappy Nets literally prove that!

I mean, I had advocated a navy/red/white palette with heavy use of Helvetica. I felt that was minimalist without being soulless.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not a fan of teams completely rebranding their colors as I feel it destroys the value and history of the name, but with the Nets leaving the navy, red, & white on the table, that opens the door for New Jersey to comeback with the old ABA Americans team name and colors.

Wow - I couldn't agree more. And though I haven't been a basketball fan in decades, the atmosphere at Barclays Center almost convinced me to take it up again. Electric crowd paying rapt attention to every moment. People I was with told me that was more common than not. So I would say you're wrong on multiple counts there.

I'm not a fan of teams completely rebranding their colors as I feel it destroys the value and history of the name, but with the Nets leaving the navy, red, & white on the table, that opens the door for New Jersey to comeback with the old ABA Americans team name and colors.

You're really presuming that New Jersey will get another team?

You really think this will happen? It's so not going to happen.

bSLCtu2.png

The Nets' identity is dull and boring (just like their team and the atmosphere at Barclays, really) and they missed a great opportunity to go with a subway signage theme.

I'm not saying the Brooklyn black and white look is what I would have gone with (I'm partial to a Brooklyn-esque update of the old ABA look), but I'm kind of tired hearing about the subway look that could have been. I get the appeal, I really do. It's just a bit gimmicky for my liking.

I always thought that the Nets were going to try a Dodgers theme, or as close as they could get without infringing on copyrights. As for what they have, I can agree with the black/white look, and I can agree with the simplistic logos and wordmarks to a lesser degree. But I don't like them together. I feel like the Nets should've taken some risks on one of them.

Why do they have to take risks? It's about finding an identity/branding they want and like and they came up with a simple look that works great. They decided going for an over-the-top, crazy look that would be out of date in few years that people would be claiming was "too modern" wasn't the route they wanted to go. People seem to be judging it on what it's not rather than what it is.

I always thought that the Nets were going to try a Dodgers theme, or as close as they could get without infringing on copyrights. As for what they have, I can agree with the black/white look, and I can agree with the simplistic logos and wordmarks to a lesser degree. But I don't like them together. I feel like the Nets should've taken some risks on one of them.

I too initially envisioned Nets uniforms with some connection to the Brooklyn Dodgers, but I love the old school look the team went with. I am also glad that retained the Nets name.

These Hornets uniforms aren't in the same league with the Nets kits.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived