Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Mccall you are also saying that the Pelicans uni set looks great? ?! I think it is good but SUPER UNDERWHELMING! No risk no reward. Too many teams playing it safe nowadays. Its ok only if it fits the right teams aka Celtics, Spurs, Knicks..but Brooklyn or even New Orleans have soo much inspiration to draw from to execute so bland. that is why they are boring to me. I love the 90s uniforms but there were a number of teams that went overboard but most are classic throwbacks now. Hawks, Suns, Jazz, I can go on. I love the Grant Hill pistons too but I know thats probably me and Teal demographic lol.

shado_logo.gif

Wow - I couldn't agree more. And though I haven't been a basketball fan in decades, the atmosphere at Barclays Center almost convinced me to take it up again. Electric crowd paying rapt attention to every moment. People I was with told me that was more common than not. So I would say you're wrong on multiple counts there.

Granted, I'm judging from the TV broadcasts, so maybe it's different in person, but it just doesn't seem very loud in there, and I really dislike the forced "BROOOOOK-LYNNNN" chants.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

So Mccall you are also saying that the Pelicans uni set looks great? ?! I think it is good but SUPER UNDERWHELMING! No risk no reward. Too many teams playing it safe nowadays. Its ok only if it fits the right teams aka Celtics, Spurs, Knicks..but Brooklyn or even New Orleans have soo much inspiration to draw from to execute so bland. that is why they are boring to me. I love the 90s uniforms but there were a number of teams that went overboard but most are classic throwbacks now. Hawks, Suns, Jazz, I can go on. I love the Grant Hill pistons too but I know thats probably me and Teal demographic lol.

What you're suggesting is shoehorning teams into modern, wacky designs that'll eventually become outdated and seem ridiculous when looking back, like the 90's style. Brooklyn opted for a more traditional style that they can maintain over a number of years if they so choose.

There are a number of styles out there and they chose traditional. I don't get why you guys are saying this was wrong for them. It actually works perfectly for a team in Brooklyn,

I agree with you 100%.

Jaguars

The first iteration of the New Orleans Hornets was a good example of how a modern team can do a novel color palette without being contrived or overboard. I don't think that's so much to ask.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with you Mccall. Good points. Im just saying that they gave so much culture or inspiration (Bridge, Dodgers obviously etc,) I just expected more closely to Golden State sans the logo on the chest. But understand what you mean by timeless and traditional. But that should be reserved for older teams Imo but oh well.

shado_logo.gif

I agree with you Mccall. Good points. Im just saying that they gave so much culture or inspiration (Bridge, Dodgers obviously etc,) I just expected more closely to Golden State sans the logo on the chest. But understand what you mean by timeless and traditional. But that should be reserved for older teams Imo but oh well.

Making only black/white look decent is much more risky and difficult than your "colorzzzz!!!!!" mind gives it credit for. I applaud Brooklyn for trying something like that; I like it too.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Nets' identity is dull and boring (just like their team and the atmosphere at Barclays, really) and they missed a great opportunity to go with a subway signage theme.

You have obviously never seen a Net game then. The crowd gets into it, gets loud, and the "Brooooooklyn" chant will give you chills and is easily a top 5 chant in the league.

Case and Point- The Brooklyn chant at MSG yesterday.

Wow - I couldn't agree more. And though I haven't been a basketball fan in decades, the atmosphere at Barclays Center almost convinced me to take it up again. Electric crowd paying rapt attention to every moment. People I was with told me that was more common than not. So I would say you're wrong on multiple counts there.

I'm not a fan of teams completely rebranding their colors as I feel it destroys the value and history of the name, but with the Nets leaving the navy, red, & white on the table, that opens the door for New Jersey to comeback with the old ABA Americans team name and colors.

You're really presuming that New Jersey will get another team?

Don't count out the Sixers as a candidate to make the move. Their owner now owns the Devils, and while I'm not sure what the details of the lease are, Comcast only keeps them around to fill TV time but since nobody watches, I'm sure a buyout could be worked out. Comcast relegates them to other channels anyway now when there's conflicts with the Flyers.

An expansion team may be the best hope for Philadelphia pro basketball at this point.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not a fan of teams completely rebranding their colors as I feel it destroys the value and history of the name, but with the Nets leaving the navy, red, & white on the table, that opens the door for New Jersey to comeback with the old ABA Americans team name and colors.

You're really presuming that New Jersey will get another team?

Don't count out the Sixers as a candidate to make the move. Their owner now owns the Devils, and while I'm not sure what the details of the lease are, Comcast only keeps them around to fill TV time but since nobody watches, I'm sure a buyout could be worked out. Comcast relegates them to other channels anyway now when there's conflicts with the Flyers.

An expansion team may be the best hope for Philadelphia pro basketball at this point.

The NBA wouldn't let Philly move to NJ. And please, no one compare it to Seattle to OKC. Philly is a MUCH bigger market than Seattle and NJ is much smaller than OKC.

The Nets' identity is dull and boring (just like their team and the atmosphere at Barclays, really) and they missed a great opportunity to go with a subway signage theme.

You have obviously never seen a Net game then. The crowd gets into it, gets loud, and the "Brooooooklyn" chant will give you chills and is easily a top 5 chant in the league.

What are the other 4 chants in the NBA that would be in the top 5? Besides "MVP"...

Just youtubed the Brooklyn chant. It didn't give me chills, mainly because it's not that good or creative. Just "Brooklyn" over and over. Nothing really awesome about it. I'm guessing you're in HS, ror, and think it's the best thing ever.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What are the other 4 chants in the NBA that would be in the top 5?

Chanting is disrespectful to the people who paid good money to hear sneakers making squeaky noises. If you can't sit quietly with your hands folded and politely appreciate great athletes, stick to the college game.

What are the other 4 chants in the NBA that would be in the top 5? Besides "MVP"...

Just youtubed the Brooklyn chant. It didn't give me chills, mainly because it's not that good or creative. Just "Brooklyn" over and over. Nothing really awesome about it. I'm guessing you're in HS, ror, and think it's the best thing ever.

It's in reference to Bigge Smalls. If you know the history behind it, and actually understood it, it is creative. It's a rally cry

That's a pretty clever idea on its surface, but now we're getting into the Bobcats pretending they're the Hornets pretending they're the Bulls and in the words of a great song on a bad album, it's all too much.

Archived