Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Does anybody know how similar practice courts' designs are to the actual playing floor in the arena?

Can we assume that the final product in TWC will be identical to what's in the Hornets' practice facility?

Sorry for double post but they are almost always identical.

Bobcats posted a tweet when they were tearing down the old practice court which was an exact replica of the playing court. I posted it about a month ago.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That fad where they paint inside the entire 3 point arc needn't be brought back. The honeycomb paint was cool on it's own, but when combined with the teal to purple fade and the basketball free throw line (another staple of 90's court design) and Hugo's "pollen trail" to center court it was all too much. It was the closest we ever got to The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh. Some restraint should be in order.

tumblr_lc3kcgw1iP1qay78vo1_400.jpg

This is a very 90's photograph. That scratched border, that font, the Rockets uniforms, the Hornets, Olajuwon, Glenn Rice, etc.

The new court should use that Honeycomb parquet. That is the best idea anyone's had on here in a long time. The court should also use more teal than purple.

PvO6ZWJ.png

howabout the basketball in the jump circle. Did anyone propose an idea that they didn't go with?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maginificent! I've been looking for a pattern like this since I started editing my Hornets floors earlier this year. I kept on searching this on Google and nothing appeares to look as beautiful as that image above.

I agree. The Hornets squad should incorporate a unique floor pattern akin to this instead of using the generic ones. If Jordan is really into pushing the 'Hornets' brand, he should consider this design of yours.

Can I use 'em? =)

I just made a concept court myself:

4mRC4GO.jpg

Here's a link to the honeycomb-parquet court.

Maginificent! I've been looking for a pattern like this since I started editing my Hornets floors earlier this year. I kept on searching this on Google and nothing appeares to look as beautiful as that image above.

I agree. The Hornets squad should incorporate a unique floor pattern akin to this instead of using the generic ones. If Jordan is really into pushing the 'Hornets' brand, he should consider this design of yours.

Can I use 'em? =)

4mRC4GO.jpg

Bang, let's roll.

That fad where they paint inside the entire 3 point arc needn't be brought back. The honeycomb paint was cool on it's own, but when combined with the teal to purple fade and the basketball free throw line (another staple of 90's court design) and Hugo's "pollen trail" to center court it was all too much. It was the closest we ever got to The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh. Some restraint should be in order.

tumblr_lc3kcgw1iP1qay78vo1_400.jpg

This is a very 90's photograph. That scratched border, that font, the Rockets uniforms, the Hornets, Olajuwon, Glenn Rice, etc.

The new court should use that Honeycomb parquet. That is the best idea anyone's had on here in a long time. The court should also use more teal than purple.

You could add 22-feet 3-point line to the list.

Can I use 'em? =)

4mRC4GO.jpg

Oh man! This is perfect!

Jaguars

That's good at least. I guess the wings kinda stretch towards the sideline on the left then.

Another q: you said the key is purple, so, does that mean that the "paint" area (and the blocks) are blank with just the lines as colored?

Lines are white around the key. Key is solid purple. No honeycomb pattern, unfortunately.

ujsignature.png

That's good at least. I guess the wings kinda stretch towards the sideline on the left then.

Another q: you said the key is purple, so, does that mean that the "paint" area (and the blocks) are blank with just the lines as colored?

Lines are white around the key. Key is solid purple. No honeycomb pattern, unfortunately.

Aye aye. So I guess there's also not a logo inside the 3-pt line? I'd imagine you'd be able to see it if you were looking at one-half of the court.

Also, was the baseline "HORNETS" just white on the teal? Or did it have a purple stroke? (and did it only take up half the width of the baseline? seems like a small word for the whole baseline area.)

So the paint is wood colored (blank)??

Picture the current Lakers court, except replace the purple 3-point line with a teal one and replace the yellow boundaries with teal.

Whoa! Big difference in what I was thinking about. Thanks Delux!

shado_logo.gif

Aye aye. So I guess there's also not a logo inside the 3-pt line? I'd imagine you'd be able to see it if you were looking at one-half of the court.

Also, was the baseline "HORNETS" just white on the teal? Or did it have a purple stroke? (and did it only take up half the width of the baseline? seems like a small word for the whole baseline area.)

No logos inside the 3-point line on either end.

IIRC, the baseline "HORNETS" was white with a purple stroke. I don't see that wordmark in their collection on this site, but it's colored like the element from this logo, perhaps the styling from this wordmark. It did not appear to take up the entire baseline area, perhaps just beyond the key on either side.

There's a slight chance that the "HORNETS" was purple with a white stroke. I was trying to make quick mental notes of all the elements without a camera ready.

To clarify, I didn't snap pictures and haven't seen it again since a brief glimpse yesterday morning. I'll snap pictures as soon as I can and share them here.

The 5 features I am certain of are the ones I mentioned in my original post.

I'd be interested to see someone more capable than I am make a quick mock up of these features.

ujsignature.png

Archived