Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Charlotte needs to be on the jerseys, not Hornets. I understand featuring the name because of all the current hype but they just don't look right w/o Charlotte on them.

The road jerseys will say Charlotte, they have to by law. When the city approved financing for the new arena part of the agreement was the team would always wear "Charlotte" on their road uniform.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlotte needs to be on the jerseys, not Hornets. I understand featuring the name because of all the current hype but they just don't look right w/o Charlotte on them.

The road jerseys will say Charlotte, they have to by law. When the city approved financing for the new arena part of the agreement was the team would always wear "Charlotte" on their road uniform.

Screen-shot-2014-05-21-at-09.44.58--590x

You forget about this?? This image is as close to ironclad! Hornets on both. Charlotte may only just be for throwbacks and/maybe for alternate. Deal with it people! (Sry)

shado_logo.gif

This isn't "ironclad", but it's more than likely what they will go with - aside from the rumored pinstripes.

However - and we've been over this for the last few seasons - there's a reason why I didn't post these images on my blog: they haven't been unveiled yet. I'm not sure why the league includes these in the initial logosheet reveals, but I've gotten in trouble in the past for displaying these things too early, and for the last couple of years, someone has posted them early.

I only said close to "ironclad" per previous years of word mark leaks(meaning it could change but not likely). I know that Phoenix originally had black unis then was changed to purple. But this leak..same was with New Orleans, Phoenix, Allstar games, etc. When they revealed was 100% accurate. But i hear ya Colorwerx..not trying to get myself or anyone in trouble over it.

shado_logo.gif

That is not true. When the original Hornets left and Charlotte was granted a new NBA team, the City used tax money to build the new arena. Since the city of Charlotte was paying for the arena, it was required that the new NBA team name be the Charlotte _______. They did not want to go the Panthers or Hurricanes route and name the team "Carolina." Nothing was required to be on their jerseys though.

Practice shirts/shorts;

Bo67eUcIUAECmrm.jpg

Looks great.
looks like everyone else's practice gear just with a hornets logo slapped on it, nothing to be excited about

The teal script is enough to look better than the others! :P

Nah, but if I was a player I would be glad to not wear that Bobcats name anymore.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Practice shirts/shorts;

Bo67eUcIUAECmrm.jpg

Looks great.
looks like everyone else's practice gear just with a hornets logo slapped on it, nothing to be excited about

The Charlotte Hornets are back on a NBA basketball court. There is a lot to be excited about.

Jaguars

Practice shirts/shorts;

Bo67eUcIUAECmrm.jpg

Looks great.

The Bobcats brand is dead.

The Charlotte Hornets brand is on the court again.

There's plenty to be excited about.

I hope their shorts have pinstripes too. In their previous incarnation/alternate timeline, they didn't. The uniforms harmony seemed kinda disjointed.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I hope their shorts have pinstripes too. In their previous incarnation/alternate timeline, they didn't. The uniforms harmony seemed kinda disjointed.

I had always thought they should've done that, too. Until the Bobcats did it a few years back. It just didn't look right at all, there was no breakup between the jersey and shorts.

Seriously - if someone replies "100%", or "50%", or "no way", does it change anything for you? If it leakes it will be posted here (and possibly quickly removed.) Just calm down kid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What are the chances we get a early look at the jerseys via a leak?

Why don't you do some research? See what percentage of reveals leaked. Break it down by year, region, sport, ownership profile, designing company. It would be interesting.

Archived