Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gosh guys...you all know I've been providing this kind of information for over 12 years now right?

Just take any eyedropper tool to these things to get RGB values:

CharlotteHornets_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

One caveat however - the RGB values I display are based on current Pantone standards (sRGB color space)...these are not always what the individual teams have specified...mine are more accurate for color matching.

I'm now confident that the new uniforms are hons resemble the originals.

Whitfield said all along they would maintain the look of the Hornets while modernizing it when creating the uniform.

That's exactly what Hugo is. A modernized version of the original.

My gosh guys...you all know I've been providing this kind of information for over 12 years now right?

Just take any eyedropper tool to these things to get RGB values:

CharlotteHornets_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

One caveat however - the RGB values I display are based on current Pantone standards (sRGB color space)...these are not always what the individual teams have specified...mine are more accurate for color matching.

That says uniform element. I'm guessing the black, dark teal, & light blue will be the pinstripe colors. Also means the road uniform might be teal not purple. Would make sense as to why there is a different shade of teal for the pinstripe.

Whoever is behind the new Hugo looks pretty fit, dude has some massive calf muscles. I wonder if that means Super Hugo will be returning also

Originally the guy who was Hugo in Charlotte was also Super Hugo, Micheal Zerrillo.

I also hope that they bring back Air Hugo:

charlotte-03.jpg

Whoever is behind the new Hugo looks pretty fit, dude has some massive calf muscles. I wonder if that means Super Hugo will be returning also

Originally the guy who was Hugo in Charlotte was also Super Hugo, Micheal Zerrillo.

I also hope that they bring back Air Hugo:

charlotte-03.jpg

Yeah, he did an interview yesterday with the local news. He was awesome. I think he retired after '07 when the team returned to NO from OKC. He still lives in Charlotte & said he'll be there on opening night to see his team & mascot return.

I'm most excited to see the return if the eye candy. Going to TWC Saturday night. They're having an open house at 10pm for the Honey Bees tryouts!

Lady Cats were probably the best, or at least most provocatively dressed, dance team in sports. Can't wait to see them back in purple & teal.

Wow, they actually have the Hugo mascot costume wearing the Air Jordan XI's, but the funny part is they could have just used the actual shoes but instead went with cartoony ones.

Also, I want to point out that Hugo is unstoppable in NBA Jam: On Fire Edition.

bSLCtu2.png

Wow, they actually have the Hugo mascot costume wearing the Air Jordan XI's, but the funny part is they could have just used the actual shoes but instead went with cartoony ones.

He's wearing them in the logo as well, although not as obvious:

HUGO122213.jpg

The team has also had a few giveaways as a part of Hugo's unveiling today, which included a pair of Concordes.

He's wearing them in the logo as well, although not as obvious:

HUGO122213.jpg

The team has also had a few giveaways as a part of Hugo's unveiling today, which included a pair of Concordes.

That logo would look 1,000,000 times better if they would've moved his head up & to the left a little to get rid of the hunch look & left his arms straight.

It's an excellent modernization of the original but it's just positioned so damn awkwardly.

I'm really happy to see what they've done so far with the branding. The new Hugo logo and mascot are solid updates, really glad to see how those turned out. I'd say the only logo in the new set I don't care much for is that side profile Hornet but even then it's not that bad.

I wonder which Charlotte Hornets uniforms they might be looking at more for inspiration, the first or second set.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I'm now confident that the new uniforms are hons resemble the originals.

Whitfield said all along they would maintain the look of the Hornets while modernizing it when creating the uniform.

That's exactly what Hugo is. A modernized version of the original.

The difference is, the fans aren't paying money to see Hugo while also paying money to see a throwback Hugo from the Grandamama era. The new jerseys will undoubtedly have similar elements to the old ones, but the will intentionally be not that close so fans will still buy throwback merchandise, just like the logos.

In fact, even if they had set out to just do an update, we've seen countless times of late how teams set out to "bring back" an old look and end up with something drastically different, such as the Sabres using the wrong blue, the Bills mashing-in navy, the NY Jets changing the green, the Knicks adding gray and letting Adidas mess with the striping, the Jazz going with a horrifically drab color scheme they never used, the Sixers using an awful modern template with stripped-down characters, or worst of all, the Suns' current garbage.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wings look awkward but that's about the only complaint I have. Franchise is doing a great job with this rebrand.

I think it's funny the hate & criticism MJ gets, mainly from his Washington days, when he's done a great job with this rebrand and is putting together a very good roster.

Archived