Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the cool pics jakepled! So much excitement so much Hugo!

1271.gif

Lol I love Carlton...

Just forwarding the pics that keep showing up on my timeline from the team page...

I'll post my favorite when I can find it...

Hugo was sitting on a John Deere lawn mower outside of a Home Depot with a chick from the dance team sitting in his lap & the caption read...

#shethinksmytractorssexy

#watchoutforbugsprayaisle2

I just noticed something...

His pants legs have the exact hexagonal honeycomb pattern that people are throwing around in mock court designs, which everyone seems to love.

It's very subtle but if you zoom in on the picture you can see it clearly. In sure it's more noticeable in person.

10428047_10152471649403430_6431904706748

All things considered, besides of the history thing, the Hornets have handled the rollout of everything pretty well. No real leaks, everything scheduled, and everything has a bit of fanfare to it. Nothing has been to brash (yet). Branding wise, this is how you put a new identity into place.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Love the new hugo, though i'm gonna miss the heavy rear "stinger" portion of his suit that caused that awkward Hugo "waddle" when he walked. Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATmeHfhpTDk

Edit: He may still actually have that, hard to tell from the front on pics.

"Remember when the Charlotte Bobcats were called the Charlotte Hornets?"

No I don't because that was never the case. Just another example of revisionist history

Love the new hugo, though i'm gonna miss the heavy rear "stinger" portion of his suit that caused that awkward Hugo "waddle" when he walked. Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATmeHfhpTDk

Edit: He may still actually have that, hard to tell from the front on pics.

"Remember when the Charlotte Bobcats were called the Charlotte Hornets?"

No I don't because that was never the case. Just another example of revisionist history

Wow, that news report was AWFUL.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I remember reading somewhere (may have been here) that once an NBA logo is retired, it can't be used again. That's why Philly had to add the box around their logo and why the Hornets have a new set.

Can anyone confirm or deny and possibly provide a source if handy?

Thanks.

I remember reading somewhere (may have been here) that once an NBA logo is retired, it can't be used again. That's why Philly had to add the box around their logo and why the Hornets have a new set.

Can anyone confirm or deny and possibly provide a source if handy?

Thanks.

I believe the 76ers had to add the box with Philadelphia in it because the NBA has a rule that requires the city name in new logos. Despite it being an old logo, the fact they brought it back brought that modification.

The Hornets (Bobcats) from what I understand were told when filing their application for the name change that they were not able to use the original logo and such as their primary.

Not 100% sure on either of those but from what I've gathered over the past bit, those would be my answers.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

They had to change the logo because the NBA does not allow a team top reuse an old logo. The NBA reserves old logos for their "Hardwood Classic" series of merchandize. In other words, it's all about the NBA being able to profit from two different sets.

Archived