Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

That really sucks about the logo rule because Seattle's best logo was their last.

If you want to get technical, if a new Seattle team is considered a continuation of the Sonics like the Bobcats suddenly are to the Hornets, they didn't retire their logos, they just suspended them.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't the utah jazz bring back an old logo? or does that not count?

I think it's a little different.

Charlotte could've done something similar to one of the modernized versions of the original logo that was floating around but they wanted to do something new & different to separate the two.

They had to change the logo because the NBA does not allow a team top reuse an old logo. The NBA reserves old logos for their "Hardwood Classic" series of merchandize. In other words, it's all about the NBA being able to profit from two different sets.

While it makes sense that they'd want to keep old logos in the closet to use as throwbacks, remember that when you say "the nba does not allow a team...", the NBA is the teams, so it's not like it's a rule that couldn't easily be changed since (at least in theory) it was the teams that installed it in the first place, even if not directly.

It's not like we're talking about a rule that would have to go to the SCOTUS to be reinterpreted.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Goddamn! Trying to act all smart and correct over people comparing a bee and hornet mascot. Really? I feel sorry for people who are that pathetic and feel the need to argue over every and any little thing. How sad can one's life be?

They are both from the same family. Stop trying to act intelligent.

Kingdom: Animalia-> Phylum: Arthropoda-> Class: Insecta-> Order: Hymenoptera-> Suborder: Apocrita

Whining about bees and wasps being completely different is like arguing that a white tail deer and mule deer are two completely different species. They're still both a damn deer. Just like ants, bees, and wasps are all a part of the same family.

Bees give us honey and only sting when threatened. Plus they drop dead after stinging.

Wasps are just assh*les that can sting as many times as the motherf***ers feel like.

VmWIn6B.png

All things considered, besides of the history thing, the Hornets have handled the rollout of everything pretty well. No real leaks, everything scheduled, and everything has a bit of fanfare to it. Nothing has been to brash (yet). Branding wise, this is how you put a new identity into place.

Very well said, could not agree more.

Jaguars

charlotte-hornets-air-jordan-11-concord-

Not gonna lie as a quote, unquote "sneakerhead" I jumped out of my seat in excitement when I saw they actually gave him concords

on a side note I hope I see someone break out these hornet Air Jordan 1's during the season

Air_Jordan_1_Mid_hornets-court-purple-ga

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Archived