Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't the utah jazz bring back an old logo? or does that not count?

Different colors

Old one was mainly purple

New one is mainly navy

I definitely think those are close enough though. Different shades of more or less the same color. No more different than the Lakers purple vs blue depending on the lighting.

That really sucks about the logo rule because Seattle's best logo was their last.

It was definitely the worst to me. An S and a ball. With some words behind in the full primary. Needs the Space Needle. Even the 90s one had that and kept the red to a minimum.

Different colors

New one is mainly navy

I definitely think those are close enough though. Different shades of more or less the same color. No more different than the Lakers purple vs blue depending on the lighting.
They are completely different colors, just go look at the logos yourself

Different colors

New one is mainly navy

They are completely different colors, just go look at the logos yourself

UtahJazz_FRC_Purple01a_1996_SCC_SRGB.png Vs. UtahJazz_FRC_Blue01a_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Not sure what kind of lighting is going to make those look the same.

The mind sees what it wants to see I guess.

UtahJazz_FRC_Purple01a_1996_SCC_SRGB.png Vs. UtahJazz_FRC_Blue01a_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Not sure what kind of lighting is going to make those look the same.

The mind sees what it wants to see I guess.

Wishful thinking is definitely part of it. But it's not like they're orange now. Make that bright purple a few shades darker, and what do you have? Something very close to navy. Is that so much more different than the Eagles going from Kelly green to Midnight green?

I don't much care for the use of the Center Court logo.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

BpjTvYjIQAEeyqe.jpg

BpjXgF1IAAAgWL1.jpg

If they had used Hugo the Hornet at midcourt I think this would have been my favorite court design in the NBA. What's here isn't too bad though.

Will not happen. The team has already stated that the Hugo logo is only for branding and marketing purposes of the mascot & as a way of honoring the original logo. If will be available on clothing and used to promote the mascot but it will not appear on the court or uniform.

Muggsy was hands down my favorite athlete when I was a young kid. Now that I'm an adult, this is why he remains my favorite athlete.

Bps0_ZGIcAAwGbI.jpg

He still calls Charlotte home. He's always doing great things around the city with various charities and his foundation.

He came out with the "Swarm to Serve" program and helped the Hornets do some landscaping at a local elementary school today.

Muggsy is a great dude. I've ran into him several times around the city and he's always smiling and interacting with locals. Very friendly guy.

Archived