Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like there's a star out there somewhere who will be wearing Hornets purple & teal this fall....

Rick Bonnell (Hornets beat writer) is reporting that sources within the team have informed him Jordan is 100% determined to pair another star with Big Al this summer. Jordan wants to fight for a top 3 seed and have a team capable of making a serious playoff run next season when the Hornets hit the floor.

Bonnell named players and said he's almost certain one or possibly even two will be a Hornet. Either via free agency, player trades, or draft pick trades. Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love, Lance Stephenson, Greg Monroe, Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, & Arron Afflalo.

This is why I loved when Jordan bought the team. Almost everyone hated it because he had a poor record as a front office guy. But what people seem to forget is that Michael Jordan is probably the most competitive person walking on the face of the earth. Whether it's basketball, golf, poker, or a crossword puzzle he hates losing. In fact, he is borderline psychotic with his competitiveness and hatred for losing. It's like he has a disease.

As bad as the team was when he bought it and gutted the roster, he was doing it to build for the future. They made a plan and it's really worked out well. Also, he's done a good job of hiring the right people and allowing them to do their job. He isn't sticking his nose in the way. He's sitting back and doing all he needs to; writing checks. Now that he's got a taste of winning as an owner it looks like it's giving him that competitive itch. He's gonna do everything he can to win.

People think he bought the team as a way to make money, but I think making a profit is the last thing on his mind with owning the team. He has his brand to make money, he still makes more money than any athlete annually. Owning a team is a new way for him to scratch that competitive itch now that he can't play.

I love it.

"I always thought Charlotte was a great destination. I think Big Al proved you can come here and make a big difference. Hopefully we can look at that and attract another superstar."

-Michael Jordan

"Jefferson has dramatically changed where were at as a franchise from one year to the next. Hes made this a more attractive place for people to come and play. No question about that.

-Steve Clifford

"Who's said I haven't already started recruiting?! Guys been contacting me about coming to Charlotte. Just wanting confirmation about all the great stuff they hearing about coach Clifford and what it's like living in Charlotte. Lot of phone calls dating back to even the last 2 months of the season up until now. I know MJ is committed to winning and I'm doing my part to help bring guys in.

Really exciting right now. I was really excited when I signed here and they told me about the name change. Growing up everybody I knew had that Starter Hornets jacket or a LJ jersey. Excited to be part of the return. The fans are insane right now. City really love their Hornets didn't know it would be this crazy. It's gonna be loud and rocking when we hit the floor in November. Really exciting."

-Al Jefferson

He hasn't had a winning season, worst losing record ever. Only one playoff appearance and getting sweeped. Not exactly what I'd call success

43-39 isn't a winning season?

They got swept because Al Jefferson got hurt in Game 1. They were destroying Miami before he got hurt. He had 14 pts in the 1st quarter. Charlotte would've won at least 2 games if Al didn't get hurt. They only lost the games by 3-8 points without him. If they had won only 1 more game during the season they would've likely made the ECF and played Miami.

Jordan bought a team that had 7 losing seasons in 8 years and had never won a playoff game. The team he bought was at best a 7-8 seed and was loaded with old role players making ridiculous money. He traded them all away and loaded up on draft picks to rebuild. He hired a great coach and a good GM. He's nailed a rebrand.

Who cares about 7-59. It was one season. If he didn't do that the team would've still been stuck in salary cap hell with a bad roster and no future. Instead they got the most dominant center in basketball, 3 extra 1st rd picks, several good young players, & a ton of cap space.

First time poster, been watching for years though.. Pretty keen for the uniform reveal, so every few days I scour google just in case one of those dodgy asian fake sellers reveals something and I found something.. Tbh, it seems a really poor photoshop, but thought Id throw it up anyway..

maillot-charlotte-hornet-alternatif-viol

Jakepled....

Do you work for the Hornets mistaken? Are you going to be fired if you don't constantly flood the thread with pro-Hornets mistaken propaganda?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Usually I would be dying of laughter from MJ claiming a legitimate run for the 3 seed in the east, only to turn around and have their "big" signing be Deng. But, with a Al/Kemba/Deng core, is it really unrealistic for them to get home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs?

Your sig is hilarious.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived