Super Hero Themed Football Teams - The Marvel Conference

TheSoundofThrowingPennies

This is the Marvel Conference in an ongoing project of mine to create a football league inspired by Marvel and DC Heroes and Villains. This is my first design for the Marvel conference, the New York City Iron Men!

I wanted this concept to feel flashy and a little futuristic. It's not my favorite of the bunch, but it's not my least favorite either.

70ZH1SR.jpg

Dude just go all out on this one. Iron man helmet, eyes just above the facemask. EIther Numbers with sublimated chest thingy in the middle, or gold numbers a little lower with the chest light above them as a patch.

this could turn out really tight

Dude just go all out on this one. Iron man helmet, eyes just above the facemask. EIther Numbers with sublimated chest thingy in the middle, or gold numbers a little lower with the chest light above them as a patch.

this could turn out really tight

Even put a gold stripe down the middle of the facemask.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

Yeah, whatever you do, avoid putting anything that looks like the character himself (like Iron Man's helmet) as the logo. There are so many symbols and stylistic elements for just about every character.

Not a fan of the "arc-reactor" stripe on the helmet.

Also, how is this entire uniform not chromed? If ANY team could justify gratuitous chrome accents, it would be a team modeled after a man in a metallic body suit.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

In addition to pianoknight's suggestion, you may want to put the circle (Iron Man's heart) on the front of the jersey with the numbers on it like the packers did with their retro uni's.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'll be back to see what you do here--if you go by the superhero's base of operations, then New York will be overstocked with teams--better to branch out as suggested.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Heroes:

• Thor
  • Silver Surfer
  • Daredevil
  • Adam Warlock
  • Black Bolt
  • Sentry
  • Thing
  • Nova
  • Doctor Strange
  • Namor
  • Black Panther
  • Luke Cage
  • Ghost Rider
  • Ant-Man
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Hawkeye
  • Punisher
  • Spider-Woman
  • Vision
  • Moon Knight
  • Invisible Woman
  • Blade
  • She-Hulk
  • Falcon

And if you wanted to do a separate X-Men Heroes:

• Wolverine
  • Deadpool
  • Gambit
  • Cyclops
  • Storm
  • Rogue
  • Polaris
  • Nightcrawler
  • Fantomex
  • Iceman
  • Bishop
  • Cable
  • Emma Frost
  • Havok
  • Maggott
  • Penance
  • Quicksilver
  • Sunspot
  • Professor X
  • Colossus
  • Jubilee
  • Banshee
  • Riptide
  • Wraith

Jokes Insurance, how many hours of the day do you spend digging through old threads?

0 hours. Already finished. I saw ones that haven't been completed that looked like they still have potential.

Did you ever think the creator of those concepts no longer thinks they have potential? When someone gives up on a project, we need to respect that.

spacer.png

Jokes Insurance, how many hours of the day do you spend digging through old threads?

0 hours. Already finished. I saw ones that haven't been completed that looked like they still have potential.

Did you ever think the creator of those concepts no longer thinks they have potential? When someone gives up on a project, we need to respect that.

That is one of many possibilities. Then again, I'm sure you're familiar with grant1woods and what he has done on here ;)

Archived