UNC uniforms

Derek94

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to believe it's navy, but the navy helmet and the trim/numbers aren't quite the same color. It's hard to tell.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

[mod snip]

Look at the helmet with the foot logo on it. It alone shows that it is definitely NAVY.

And also, where's these multiple versions of pants? I see a white pair with a Carolina blue stripe and a Carolina blue pair with a navy stripe. That's it.

The far left and far right ones have a tapered stripe at the bottom.

These look really sharp up close. Once we see them on the field in contrast with other teams the quality will stick out.

Does anybody else get the feeling this board is occasionally being infiltrated by industry shills? This sounds like its being read off a Nike press release.

(By the way, looks like navy to me, too.)

The confusion over black/navy blue is understandable. I was 2 feet away in the bright sun and thought I must be color blind.

The ouline on the decal is navy blue and that's how no doubt all the other stuff was black.

The poster who pointed out the usage of black on the tar print makes a great point. Here's how the team can justify the color.

i think its a weak design. seems Nike puts borders around numbers where they dont need it. on the light blue jersey, why the white outline on the numbers? theres not another element in the pants or jersey that does that and none of the logo colors match those numbers either. just a little bit of simplicity would go a long way there. i dont understand the shoulder design or why the front of the collar is colored in either. the collar is just an odd fill-in-the-blank design. the shoulder design makes that part of the jersey look small; weak. like something's getting cropped off there.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

And no argyle. Just a major miss at a great opportunity.

I agree with that 100%. They need to embrace that argyle in other sports not just basketball. I remember seeing something where other sports are starting to use it now, but football needs to get on board with it.

No argyle = automatic failure

Custom number font that doesn't match the one they use in basketball = automatic failure

Generic template = automatic failure

Really disappointing stuff from Nike. They've come out with quite a few good uniforms lately but it seems they mailed it in for UNC.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Well here's a question. Are all Carolina teams going to the new font on the football jerseys next year? This just looks like the coaching staff is trying to put their stamp on it instead of the school unifying its teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Nike has been mailing it in for a lot of teams. Michigan State is bush league. California is terrible. Oregon State is OK. Georgia was a let down. North Carolina was a COMPLETE missed opportunity. Minnesota was decent. Even Rutgers are kind of annoying now.

Two things Nike needs to stop doing NOW!!!

1.) Pointed serifs inside numbers.

2.) Not putting shoulder numbers on the shirts.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Well here's a question. Are all Carolina teams going to the new font on the football jerseys next year?

God I hope not.

What I don't get is why they used a number font that looks like a bad knockoff of the font our basketball team uses. If they were going to do that, why not just use the same exact font and strengthen our school's branding across all sports?

Archived