UNC uniforms

Derek94

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess now almost every team,manufactured by Nike, needs a black alternate, or some element of black incorporated into the uniform. This is getting ridiculous. Just stick with your primary colors and work with that. UNC should have never changed their uniforms

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Players and recruits love them, that's ALL that really matters.

It's been said ad nauseum...but it's funny how trendy colors don't matter when the team is perennially good.

North Carolina basketball never needed black uniforms to attract recruits.

Black uniforms are a gimmick - that's all they are. No more, no less. You know when your team is :censored:ty? When it just added a BFBS uniform (lone exception is Oregon).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's been said ad nauseum...but it's funny how trendy colors don't matter when the team is perennially good.

Black uniforms are a gimmick - that's all they are. No more, no less. You know when your team is :censored:ty? When it just added a BFBS uniform (lone exception is Oregon).

I think you're exactly right. And I have a nasty feeling WVU is next on the BFBS train.

90758391980.gif

Generic. That is the one thing that comes to mind when I see these uniforms. No inspiration, not thought, just generic mush. The BFBS is just the stale icing on the :censored: filled cake.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Photo Album at this link >>> http://www.goheels.c...0&PALBID=798848

Actually doesn't look as bad as a I thought, though the white helmet definitely needs a black stripe

Really like the all black.

Actually doesn't look as bad as a I thought, though the white helmet definitely needs a black stripe

LQSYNBBENNJEPQC.20130413182921.jpg

Wow, that's a horrible uniform. Is there ANY stupid trend they accidentally missed?

Wow, that's a horrible uniform. Is there ANY stupid trend they accidentally missed?

Actually, the sad part is, BFBS aside, it's an infinitely better uniform than the rest of the set. First of all, the collar is the same color as the jersey (and not in some weird block like on the previous collars) and the carolina blue contrasts with the black (dark jersey, light numerals). There are only two main colors in this whole uniform. Had UNC done a set like this (except replace black with carolina blue, and carolina blue with white), it would've been so much better.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Camo, but at this rate just give it time

I think you're exactly right. And I have a nasty feeling WVU is next on the BFBS train.

I'm kind of worried Wisconsin might do something similar. There's been a lot of black in spring practices and there have been some little hints that some alt unis and "more gear" could be on the horizon.

But back to UNC: How do you go from those really nice stripes on the previous helmets to just throwing up a bland black or blue one. Easily my biggest disappoint in this redesign.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Why is Oregon the lone exception in this?

Kenan Stadium is being rebranded into "The Tar Pit". It would only make sense to use black in the uniforms and color scheme.

And I don't think Ohio State has had any problem being successful and going to alternate uniforms from time to time. Coach Fedora was OC at Oklahoma State when they started their whole changeover to modernize their uniforms...he's doing the same at Carolina. He knew there would be backlash from traditionalists, but he's going with it anyways because young kids and recruits like new gear. Simple as that. If it gets good players to Carolina, I'm all for it.

Why is Oregon the lone exception in this?

Kenan Stadium is being rebranded into "The Tar Pit". It would only make sense to use black in the uniforms and color scheme.

And I don't think Ohio State has had any problem being successful and going to alternate uniforms from time to time. Coach Fedora was OC at Oklahoma State when they started their whole changeover to modernize their uniforms...he's doing the same at Carolina. He knew there would be backlash from traditionalists, but he's going with it anyways because young kids and recruits like new gear. Simple as that. If it gets good players to Carolina, I'm all for it.

Oregon's the lone exception because they introduced BFBS uniforms and they keep having good teams (usually top 10). Take a look around college football. They aren't many BFBS uniforms for schools that are always in the top 15. The BFBS schools are the ones that play bowl games on December 20th.

Please note that I should have said BFBS uniforms are gimmicks - I didn't say all alternate uniforms are gimmicks. Oklahoma State and Ohio State are apples compared to North Carolina's oranges. Both of the OSUs already had black...they didn't introduce black when they already had navy. North Carolina is now, as pure as can be, BFBS. There was no need to introduce black. I really don't think the Tar Heels are going to get better recruits now that they have black instead of navy, do you?? Honestly...

Anyway, North Carolina certainly won't beat the best SEC team anytime soon, no matter what color uniform they are wearing, and I used to like UNC football because they had great uniforms. Now they look like crap.

If they are rebranding Kenan as "The Tar Pit", why don't the endzones have more black?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How is it BFBS if Black is now a part of the color scheme?

I just don't get some of you...

Wait...black is part of UNC's color scheme?

I just don't get you.

It is part of the football team's new identity, yes. If it wasn't on the normal uniforms and they had a black alternate then it would be BFBS, but, like it or not, it's a Tar Heel football color now

How is it BFBS if Black is now a part of the color scheme?

I just don't get some of you...

Wait...black is part of UNC's color scheme?

I just don't get you.

It is part of the football team's new identity, yes. If it wasn't on the normal uniforms and they had a black alternate then it would be BFBS, but, like it or not, it's a Tar Heel football color now

It's BFBS if they add black out of nowhere... even if (like ASU) they lamely claim that black is "now one of their colors."

I'll believe that black is an official color of UNC when the basketball team takes the floor in all black.

In other words, when hell freezes over.

Archived