UNC uniforms

Derek94

It's not like UNC has enough of a following to have it own thread in the first place.

You'd be suprised. :therock:

For basketball no, but I would be for football. Are you from there?

I am, and football has been on the rise for a few seasons now. Obviously nothing like Oregon, but it's becoming an event to attend once more, especially as the team improves. Along with baseball, it really puts UNC sports into the upper echelon of the NCAA.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many color combinations. I'm not sure if I'm doing the math right but 3 different tops multiplied by 3 bottoms is like at least 9. Throw in 2 helmets and you have 18! Oregon East.

New-UNC-Football-Uniforms-11.jpg

New-UNC-Football-Uniforms-21.jpg

I really just can't get over the black replacing the navy. I mean this seriously looks Nike said lets create a new uniform for the Panthers and gave it to the Tar Heels. The colors, numbers, even the shoulder stripes are just so similar to the Panther's identity and uniforms. I would love this look for the Panthers, but I hate it for the Tar Heels, it doesn't tie-in with the school at all IMO. Personally, Duke is my second favorite college team, but UNC has so many great things to work with and Nike just completely missed the mark with this design.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

If the black uniforms were Navy I would really like this set!

marvin-austin.jpg

Why is that? Navy wasn't one of their original colors. Harmlessly switching it from navy to black can possibly make the carolina blue & white really stand out more.

I don't think the uniform design itself is that atrocious. It just doesn't scream UNC when I see it. To me, that's a very, very important part of the design process. I'm going to use my favorite school as an example: Northwestern. They were stuck in a rut of boring, template-y designs for nearly 2 decades. They have an entire design element named after them, but they ignored it.

And then they underwent a redesign that was modern, arguably radical, and perfectly Northwestern.

These UNC unis don't say "UNC" when I see them...but I do think they'd look nice as a bit of a modernization/redesign base for the Panthers.

This has probably already been mentioned, but the part that I have the biggest issue with is the facemask not being white. The white facemask / carolina blue helmet really popped. The dark facemask ruins that for me.

9up7jm.png

I'm toying with the idea of making a college football uniform database this summer in my free time based off of combo makers. I think it would be a cool project but would probably need loads of help. Anyways I took the liberty of mocking up North Carolina's combos into a picker. I just gave someone a really easy way to track UNC next year. You can play around with it here: http://www.cowboyuni...h-carolina.html

A combo that I think has potential:

favoritecombo.png

I'm toying with the idea of making a college football uniform database this summer in my free time based off of combo makers. I think it would be a cool project but would probably need loads of help. Anyways I took the liberty of mocking up North Carolina's combos into a picker. I just gave someone a really easy way to track UNC next year. You can play around with it here: http://www.cowboyuni...h-carolina.html

favoritecombo.png

That actually looks good. Unfortunately, it's not really a viable option as the "Zero Dark Thursday" uniforms have been pretty much sealed as a one-time only jersey on our Thursday Night game on ESPN.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Bannertop.jpeg

I think it is funny that people said they liked it when they thought it was navy. When they heard it was black, they hated it. The visual didn't change, just the label. Something mental going on here. I noticed this around the board. Funny how people make up their minds on things.

I think it is funny that people said they liked it when they thought it was navy. When they heard it was black, they hated it. The visual didn't change, just the label. Something mental going on here. I noticed this around the board. Funny how people make up their minds on things.

Actually, I think it's funny that some people can't (is navy a school color or black)?

That actually looks good. Unfortunately, it's not really a viable option as the "Zero Dark Thursday" uniforms have been pretty much sealed as a one-time only jersey on our Thursday Night game on ESPN.

I know they're marketing it as such, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the black jersey pop up again after the Miami game, similarly to the chrome helmets being used twice last season. Renner was shown in the black top/blue pant combo in the release video, too, so I think it remains on the table as a post-Zero Dark Thursday option.

I know they're marketing it as such, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the black jersey pop up again after the Miami game, similarly to the chrome helmets being used twice last season. Renner was shown in the black top/blue pant combo in the release video, too, so I think it remains on the table as a post-Zero Dark Thursday option.

I can only hope. If we gotta do black, that jersey is at least mildly attractive.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Bannertop.jpeg

favoritecombo.png

That would be one of the coolest projects anyone has done on this board. I've been dreaming of a college uniform database, especially if it would have your combos picker things. If it means anything, I could help you gather pictures of historical uniforms once you get the current get ups down. I tired creating a mini database myself and it didn't go so well :P

As to UNC's uniforms, I like the combo you posted (if they have to use black), and I like their stormtrooper looks good. Also monochrome carolina blue with the footprint helmet (as much as I know how much oldschoolvikings and The Old Roman is going to hate hearing that).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's not like UNC has enough of a following to have it own thread in the first place.

You'd be suprised. :therock:

For basketball no, but I would be for football. Are you from there?

I am, and football has been on the rise for a few seasons now. Obviously nothing like Oregon, but it's becoming an event to attend once more, especially as the team improves. Along with baseball, it really puts UNC sports into the upper echelon of the NCAA.

Good grief.

favoritecombo.png

the heel logo looks absolutely horrendous...makes them look like they got stomped on the head.

Archived