The future of MLS: 21 jersey sets added

Atom

That sucks that we won't see Cosmos in the MLS. Maybe once we figure out promotion/relegation, that can change.

As for your concept, nice update of FCNY, if that's what you were going for. My only gripe is that they call themselves "New York," but the symbols on the crest are only for Queens.

And personally, I would've used Brooklyn Italians or New York AC if I was choosing a lower-tier team besides Cosmos to become NY2.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC New York has a similar concept:

248_-fc_new_york-primary-2012.gif

Not a fan of the overall design, but maybe a stronger font will improve it. Excellent job on Vancouver by the way.

Wow I've never seen that I thought I was being super original. I used Helvetica because of its use in NY's subways.

I did a take on FCNY's look a while back, since theirs was so terribly done.

Your kit concepts are pretty interesting (I especially like that Vancouver third), but I'll be a bit blunt: your logo work needs some work. New England especially stands out: very thin lines and jumbled detail. Your NYFC idea suffers the same problem; it doesn't seem coherent. I'd suggest going back and working on those, strengthening the linework and simplifying.

The Chicago recolor also doesn't do anything for me; it loses that fire department feel, plus the contrast is lost.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I did a take on FCNY's look a while back, since theirs was so terribly done.

Your kit concepts are pretty interesting (I especially like that Vancouver third), but I'll be a bit blunt: your logo work needs some work. New England especially stands out: very thin lines and jumbled detail. Your NYFC idea suffers the same problem; it doesn't seem coherent. I'd suggest going back and working on those, strengthening the linework and simplifying.

The Chicago recolor also doesn't do anything for me; it loses that fire department feel, plus the contrast is lost.

Logos arent my forte, thanks for the critique.

Okay so this time take the crown off the top and put New Yorks three biggest skyscrapers (Empire State Building, One World Trade Center and Bank Of America Tower) on top. Still has the Pentagon as the base shape for the five boroughs and Helvetica as the font because thats what they use in the Subway system. Cant decide if I like it better with the crown and soccer ball or without them; also darker or lighter accents on skyscrapers...what do yall think?

33gVm6O.png

I think I like the top left one the best. Maybe make the crown and flower in the middle, remove the soccer ball. I'm not a big fan of the Pentagon shaped sheild. I would have just gone parallel with the triangle at the bottom. But it is you call, just some ideas :)

I love all of the designs so far, like most people, the third Vancouver jersey is my absolute favorite! I wish I could buy one!!

I think I like the top left one the best. Maybe make the crown and flower in the middle, remove the soccer ball. I'm not a big fan of the Pentagon shaped sheild. I would have just gone parallel with the triangle at the bottom. But it is you call, just some ideas :)

I love all of the designs so far, like most people, the third Vancouver jersey is my absolute favorite! I wish I could buy one!!

I tried parallel and it looked to baseball-y for my taste

s5B2yWW.png

I'd thicken the outside stroke of the oval, and put Atlanta Phoenix in a banner that extends outside of the oval. I like the idea though. I thought about using the name Atlanta Phoenix for my rugby concepts, but thought it would be a bit confusing with a city named Phoenix in the same country.

I like the jerseys, the Red Bull ones are my favourites, but the shorts and socks look strange! The shirts are rendered really well and the designs are great, but the shorts look like an after thought and like they've been drawn in a different programme. I will say again though, the jerseys are excellent and Im looking forward to seeing more.

sigen.jpg

I like the jerseys, the Red Bull ones are my favourites, but the shorts and socks look strange! The shirts are rendered really well and the designs are great, but the shorts look like an after thought and like they've been drawn in a different programme. I will say again though, the jerseys are excellent and Im looking forward to seeing more.

The shorts are in illustrator the jerseys are in photoshop. There isnt a good template for shorts like there is for the jerseys so I just use the shorts to give the overall idea of what the full kit could look like.

Well it's official. Now they need to move Chivas franchise to the southeast.

http://www.mlssoccer...k-city-football

And theyre using Helvetica... called it!

And theyre using Helvetica... called it!
Manchester City have been using various weights of Helvetica in their materials for quite a while, with bold particularly prominent. I'm not ruling out the new team using it too but in this instance it might just be the case that they're piggybacking Manchester City's branding until they get themselves sorted out.

• 5 weeks later...

I have done like 20 more of these but just havent been posting them on here so I am bout to post them all now. Cheers.

q8vFXUG.jpg

The third is based on Richmond flag

1xxxbJh.png

uhh0bcb.jpg

Colorado switches back to their original color scheme

xczf6HW.jpg

0vJf0dd.jpg

zKoDIaC.jpg

UW4qKL1.jpg

nl6VppW.jpg

RfH6gzq.jpg

The third is a throwback to the LA Aztecs days